• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned 53 lbs of pure lead. I found a source for some old window weights. I'm thinking about going back to get another 50lbs.

IMG_20210530_173939.jpg

I actually did some work on my latest (and last) rifle. My patience level is very low, as I have made some mistakes, and my frustration level is very high. Recovering from shoulder surgery and trying to regain muscle strength has slowed my build time and the Chyna flu has prevented me from attending the rifle range, which adds to my frustration.

Had the kids with spouses and grand kids over for lunch.
Fried chicken, taters with gravy, slaw and mac-n-cheese. Ice cream for desert.
My beer making son-in-law bought some tasty dark German and my daughter-in-law brought some red vino...
It was a very happy and crowded house.
As of right now - it is a quiet and calm house that needs a good cleaning....
20210529_125026.jpg

Today I helped the wife clean house, and then watched helplessly as my kids turned it back into the contents of Satan’s underpants in a matter of minutes😩

I also tackled a project that has been tormenting me for over a year. I love my Traditions Panther, but I HATED the black synthetic stock. I turned the black plastic into walnut today. Pics to come once reassembled!

spent the weekend out on the range training 23 primary reserve soldiers. They do not get enough range time as evidenced by the scores for about half of them. Canada`s equivalent to national Guard. Lots of shooting military grade unmentionable pistols, and the issues we had with those reaffirms that i really want nothing military grade in the way of our current issued side arm.

Spent the evening in this tree stand in a DNR-sanctioned depredation deer hunt on next island over. Alas, unmentionables. Took a big doe. But going back with the flinter on the next go-round.
IMG_0618.JPG

Reactions: smo
Called to shoot the sh😲t with a couple of guys I served with. Otherwise taking a lazy day around the house. Also finishing up the stock for the Traditions Panther.

Attachments

• 3809D2FA-F668-4B2F-B967-3322F7BF6939.jpeg
    3809D2FA-F668-4B2F-B967-3322F7BF6939.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 51
  • A86631F9-12B1-4042-8374-5B0D029D680D.jpeg
    A86631F9-12B1-4042-8374-5B0D029D680D.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 46
Went to a small gathering of seniors and had a decent time. Then sun stroke, sun something or other made me feel sick. I went into the clubhouse so my wife could carry on. When I was all alone in the clubhouse I settled into a nice armchair and did a little praying for all my lost buddies. A guy I just met had lost his 25 yr. old daughter to covid, so some prayers sent in his direction. Norman Vincent Peale taught me that stuff. I could have sat and moaned over the new headache but turned it over to prayer. Today is one of those prayer type days for me.

Not today but yesterday went to Vincennes, Ind. to a Revolutionary War re-enactment. Had been to smaller ones in the distant past but nothing like this. Took my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter with us. Lots of blackpowder smoke and noise. Granddaughter told me that if I wanted to do this she would be glad to go with me. Wife said no sleeping in a tent for her (old and long ago story). Ended up buying some leather for future bags and a buffalo horn. Got to talk to a lot of interesting people also. Will be going to more of these in the future.

Up early, breakfast and a trip to the farm store. Bought a solar powered unit for the electric fence around the garden 2 weeks ago. Never seemed to work, tester showed no voltage. Took it back this morning and they replaced it. Out to the house, install controller, move a 50' oak log and start cutting it for firewood. Move about 6 buckets (6 foot bucket) of firewood that was laying there and stack it. Shovel dirt where the wife tells me.

We have cicadas this summer, billions of them. They sound like a chainsaw running.

Showered, sitting in the chair now appreciating the finer points of arthritis.

Don

Attachments

• IMG-2660.MOV
    9.9 MB
Last edited:
Attended the community observance of Memorial Day. Now sitting on the back deck with the wife, bare feet and shorts and a couple slabs of salmon in the smoker.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back