• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m blessed to have a job where I can take my rifles to work and test out various loads for my toys. Seeing that I work night shift, I’m at work well before sundown sending lead down range..

I suffer from tinnitus as well. Caffeine aggregates it. After about 3 months of decaf coffee ringing was much better.

Been years since I gave up caffeine, I dont miss it. I am even more happy with the reduced ringing in my ears. Made a huge difference for me.

My ears still ring, just much better now.

Fleener

Another thanks on the caffeine tip, I have had terrible tinnitus for years and I'm going to try cutting out the coffee. Mine is less ringing and more cicadas.

Thanks
O.R.

Reactions: smo
I’m blessed to have a job where I can take my rifles to work and test out various loads for my toys. Seeing that I work night shift, I’m at work well before sundown sending lead down range..
Where do you work?

This is a quick story about sharing the fun of BP.

I was out testing my a bore polish job on my GPR flinter, and getting the usual looks, questions, and comments from the "unmentionables" shooters. "How old is that gun? Is it safe? Wow, that's amazing!" etc...

The young guy next to me was out teaching his wife to shoot their .22, and he was plinking at steel with an AR. I took my first shot and the look on their faces was priceless. Come to find out he is active duty in the Marine Corps, and he told me that he had never had to opportunity to shoot a BP gun. So I offered him a shot.

As you might imagine, he nailed a 40 yard 10 inch steel target on the first try, and his grin through the smoke made my day.

friday i had close to the same experience. Young guy shooting a squeesin shucker with a 20 round capacity. saw him watching me get one shot to his 40. soon he said that looks fun. i loaded up and handed my Hawken to him. explained the set trigger's to him. Told him the front trigger set it off. could see he didn't understand the set triggers. he touched off before he settled but still hit within 3 inches of the bull. he was about to wet himself. coached him on the triggers and loading. after 4 shots he was putting them on top of each other at 35 yards.
i thought i was going to have to chase him to get my Hawken back.

The wife said it was my turn to "Do the dishes", but as man of the house I told her there was no way I would touch them with a 10 foot pole.
So I paced out 40 yards, put my apron on, and let the lead fly!

Attachments

• Cup-01.jpg
    Cup-01.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Cup-02.jpg
    Cup-02.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 64
I like blueberries, I have been helping some friends start a patch of their own and buying year old plants. I have 7 plants in my patch from 1 year old to 20 years old.. Yesterday I decided to try to root cuttings to produce bushes that I can give a way to more friends. I watched all the youtube videos and found out my previous rooting from cuttings attempts had been done all wrong.

Round two, 4 different varieties;

rooting blueberry cuttings.JPG

friday i had close to the same experience. Young guy shooting a squeesin shucker with a 20 round capacity. saw him watching me get one shot to his 40. soon he said that looks fun. i loaded up and handed my Hawken to him. explained the set trigger's to him. Told him the front trigger set it off. could see he didn't understand the set triggers. he touched off before he settled but still hit within 3 inches of the bull. he was about to wet himself. coached him on the triggers and loading. after 4 shots he was putting them on top of each other at 35 yards.
i thought i was going to have to chase him to get my Hawken back.
Once you get someone to try it, they are pretty easy to bring into the white smoke realm.... Good Job!

Drilled the middle lock plate bolt thru the back of the breech plug on my.22 build. New, much larger breechplug allows this.
spent half hour refitting the tang to the tang inlet[ may have to do some judicious addition of some wood to close the small gap.
Deepened the pan on the lock. It`s made for larger barrel, but i may have to silver solder a wedge shim to close the back of the bolster gap- if that makes any sense. Have some filing to do to bring the hump down on the tang. Have to find some brass for the trigger guard. May end up making a simple steel one

then lit a fire in the fire pit for supper`s BBQ- out of propane, but always preferred campfire BBQ over propane.
supposed to be sunny tomorrow- hope to get the new roof on the camper. Lots of fibreglassing in my future.....

Took my Kibler 45 SMR to the range for the first time. Lock worked great, lots of sparks. Second shot had two pan flashes. I pushed too much damp fowling by the touchhole, I used a paperclip for a vent pick and it fired every time after that. It was a fun morning.

Decided I had to go to the range today. The Derringer Rifle hadn't been shot for a while although it had been taken to the range, but I shot another rifle. So I used some of the Old Eynsford 3fg, a 0.495 swaged ball and some really tightly woven black canvas 0.017". With a chunk gun match coming up, I put my sighter target at 60 yards. Ten shots later, I think I had a pretty good day.

20210519_Final Shot_R.jpg

That's seven shots on the right corner of the target. Probably not a winner at a classic chunk gun match, but pretty good in my target book.

I work security at a feed lot NE of Edmonton
ok, thought it may have been range control.

What i did yesterday? Fibreglassed 2/3 of my camper roof. Ran out of resin, but getting more Saturday And will finish it then. Ceiling dropped inside the camper, but was expecting that to happen. I dislike this camper intensely, but not enough to justify getting rid of it. I owe more money on it than its worth anyway. Not sure i`ll be able to afford the next repair on the list- i need to buy 4 2x4s and 2 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood..........

got an offer on our house just before midnight, hope to hammer out the deal today, then i`ll maybe be able to get the place we (I) want where i can step out of the house and start shooting. At targets, gophers, and hopefully a deer or two during season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back