• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done some carp and catfishing

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 63
Day before yesterday - mowed the range.

Yesterday - took a day to allow feet/hands to recover.

Today - discovered an additional tinnitus 'tone', in spite of my having taken out the hearing aids and wearing some serious hearing protection. My tinnitus is already bad enough that it has awakened me from sound sleep.

When speaking to the doctor regarding my various bodily-goings-on I repeatedly get the "just do what you can for as long as you can".

Really? I wasn't aware that I had a choice....................
I sleep with the TV on so it's not so bad.

What I did today was after taking the kid to the dentist was start designing 3 new cannons for July 4th...Trading labor for all the metal.....just have to weld it all up. YES weld, breech plugs too! (don't go there...)

I suffer from tinnitus as well. Caffeine aggregates it. After about 3 months of decaf coffee ringing was much better.

Been years since I gave up caffeine, I dont miss it. I am even more happy with the reduced ringing in my ears. Made a huge difference for me.

My ears still ring, just much better now.

Fleener

Rearranged the garage and needed 2 sheets of OSB to redo a wall for shelves. No OSB to be had, all spoken for. Came home with 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood that set me back $164.00 out the dooro_O. Commented that I was glad I wasn't building a house now, guy told me people can't get the materials to build new ones. This used to be the land of plenty:(

I suffer from tinnitus as well. Caffeine aggregates it. After about 3 months of decaf coffee ringing was much better.

Been years since I gave up caffeine, I dont miss it. I am even more happy with the reduced ringing in my ears. Made a huge difference for me.

My ears still ring, just much better now.

Fleener
Thanks, I will try that, I'm tired of trying to answer that damn phone.

There is a lot of terrible decaf coffee out there. For making at home Gevalia Kaffe and Trader Joes are my favorites. Duncan is also not bad.

Sitting here this morning with my coffee. I still drink coffee everyday and have several cups all morning, just no caffeine.

In 2009 I went on a hunt in AK, did not tell the outfitter that I wanted or needed decaf. After 10 days of drinking regular coffee my ears were ringing like crazy.

For me at least it makes a huge difference.

Good luck

Fleener

Packed my two Remington NMN (One Uberti one Euroarms) for a competition tomorrow.
UK lockdown restrictions easing on Monday, my wife and I are off for a week with our daughter and son-in-law.

called a gobbler in from a quarter mile away. me sitting on my porch drinking coffee and him out cruising for girls! the disappointment on his face was laughable when he saw a old wrinkled up man instead of a hot young hen!
just raised my coffee cup to him and watched him run down the driveway, stopping several times to look to see if i had changed!

Attachments

• 20210515_073335.jpg
    20210515_073335.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:
Took son to karate, took wife shopping for plants and flowers. Planted five nations beans, edamame, two varieties of potatoes, tomato plants grown from seed, two varieties of sweet corn, green and yellow summer squash plants grown from seed, picked up a bag of whole kernel corn for my turkey feeder, watered the garden. Whew...had a beverage, Cooked dinner chicken/pineapple skewers with peppers and onion.

And tonight I will load cartridges for unmentionables.

Just another day...😌

..I forgot. Climbed up on the roof, blew out the rain gutters with the leaf blower and repaired a detached down spout.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I walked all the way around our driveway without a walker or cane. I am 1 week back from a rehab hospital after back and spine surgery. Also walked the stairs to my man cave several times. It is so good to be home after 1 week in a hospital and 2 weeks in a rehab facility!
Walked about 1/2 mile around a local park with my wife. There were several, brief rest stops, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment. My wife claims that she is there to be sure I don't fall. I'm about 240 lbs and she is 110 lbs. Yup, she is going to stop me from falling 😧😄.
Someone asked me to describe this whole experience of walking instability, 5 hour operation, rehab recovery and walking again. I referred to it as a "challenging life experience." That is how I will refer to it from now on. Like the bumper sticker says: "Stuff happens."

Spent most of the day helping the wife get ready for a knee surgery this coming Tuesday, talked too my buddy about a coming striper fishing trip, fixed supper chicken pharm. now sitting here with a 85 lb. lab playing on the computer, need too get too the range but that will have too wait at least until the first of June.

Spent most of the day working on my J. Armstrong .54 Cal. rifle. Inletting for the lock assy.. Already inletted for the lock plate itself. This is my fourth one. It's gotten to the point that I look at it as a process and not a chore.

Rearranged the garage and needed 2 sheets of OSB to redo a wall for shelves. No OSB to be had, all spoken for. Came home with 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood that set me back $164.00 out the dooro_O. Commented that I was glad I wasn't building a house now, guy told me people can't get the materials to build new ones. This used to be the land of plenty:(
Lumber prices are insane.

• Angry
Reactions: LME
Took son to karate, took wife shopping for plants and flowers. Planted five nations beans, edamame, two varieties of potatoes, tomato plants grown from seed, two varieties of sweet corn, green and yellow summer squash plants grown from seed, picked up a bag of whole kernel corn for my turkey feeder, watered the garden. Whew...had a beverage, Cooked dinner chicken/pineapple skewers with peppers and onion.

And tonight I will load cartridges for unmentionables.

Just another day...😌

..I forgot. Climbed up on the roof, blew out the rain gutters with the leaf blower and repaired a detached down spout.
Gutter helmets may have been some of the best money I ever spent. 13 sycamores, 3 dogwoods, 4 hawthornes and 2 beeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back