• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for my weekly visit to LGS, they often have estates and store left-over stuff the owner finds. They have 6 to 8 cased sets of single and pair percussion repro pistols, incl. the Colt BP Series; and about six exc. cond. repro 1861 muskets, incl. one of the Colt repro Special Model muskets. Obviously a store or collector trove; muskets have accoutrements, incl. bayonets, and all fair priced. Not cheap, but not gouging. (P.S.; "insiders will tell you, many are leaving the CW enacting field, and lots of equip. is floating around to be traded.)

Ron , hope you make a quick recovery.

Today, I shot my .54.... some more!
Threw my knife & hawk a few times as well.
Cleaned my gun...

Went back to range, shot till my arm turned black n blue... ( dont get me wrong i love the pain)...and let the retired marine that runs the place...show me up...lol

Attachments

• 20210511_201902.jpg
    20210511_201902.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 54
Thank You, now where is all the corpsmen great respect for them boys. We best get back to the subject or the Zonie will ruffle our feathers.

Day before yesterday - mowed the range.

Yesterday - took a day to allow feet/hands to recover.

Today - discovered an additional tinnitus 'tone', in spite of my having taken out the hearing aids and wearing some serious hearing protection. My tinnitus is already bad enough that it has awakened me from sound sleep.

When speaking to the doctor regarding my various bodily-goings-on I repeatedly get the "just do what you can for as long as you can".

Really? I wasn't aware that I had a choice....................

Having let some of my buddies shoot my Ruggles underhammer buggy gun , most of them want to have some similar themselves .
Therefore I've started to tinker a small series of 5 , using cutoffs of abandoned barrels of Swiss Supermatch Martini rifles ( 7,5mm) which make great barrels for .290 patched RB .
Being of a huge diameter of nearly 1" , ( 23,5mm ) I could draw file an octagon and shape them like the original ones .
( Really togh steel , needs one file / barrel and lots of elbow grease )

k-Serie 1.jpg

( Each one is completely made " free hand" , therefore each of them will be one of a kind ... )

Each single part incl. pistons , screws etc. are selfmade , the only things I haven't made myself is the growth of the wood , steel ( all of them over 140 years old , since I love to recycle old materials , which I often find on flea markets ) ) and the bores in the barrels !

If anyone should be interested in progress , please let me know

Rgds , enfield

Attachments

• k-Serie 1.jpg
    k-Serie 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Shot my little May shooting match target. Rookie move today too that I am paying for tonight. Didn't quite get one shouldered in tight and the recoil hit me right in the upper bicep to shoulder area. Ouch, that's gonna bruise....

Finished packing up antique car parts to ship out
Fixed wheel bearing on broke down boat trailer, and did the repair in a grocery store parking lot
Went to a farm I work at, to survey what I need to install a new electric service line
Unloaded the truck, free stuff! Lady's husband left her, so she gave me his stuff LOL
Cooked a pizza in my old 1964 Magic Chef camper oven that's in my log cabin.

Tomorrow is a another day 😵

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back