• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a facilitator and rod guide for my .36 NMN

58AF21FA-B084-4D72-A307-CFA7C2E85DBB.jpeg

The day was getting really warm - well up to around 65F or so - when we started shooting at the gun club. Pretty busy, too, and people getting their shooting done and moving on, giving the newer arrivals a chance to get some rounds downrange.

I was shooting my 1974 P-H Musketoon with the bullets I got from Malcolm Seller a couple of weeks back. they rattle down the Pritchett, but are an excellent fit in the slightly smaller bore of the Musketoon. I put fifteen shots into about 2" at 50m, using just 50gr of Swiss - equivalent of 2Fg. Sorry I can't show you, since my buddy next door was cross-shooting a .44 Marlin unmentionable, and ruined my target with his first ten shots :(

What I can show you, though, is the bore after clean-up an hour ago. Remember that this little carbine has been shot most weekends - apart from when I was away doing other things - since April of 1974, and although showing signs of wear outside, I reckon the the bore is not too bad -

1620573200300.png

Was going to prep a Traditions Panther for the faux laminate treatment. I love the rifle and it’s a surprisingly good lock, I just hate the synthetic stock. Weather didn’t cooperate. Drove down to Jackson instead and took the wife out to a nice lunch for Mother’s Day.

Watched it rain..... all day....
Took the Wife out for Mother’s Day breakfast...
Scrambled eggs, biscuits & sawmill gravy with a slab of country ham..
Going over some gear getting ready for upcoming rendezvous!

Upcoming rendezvous? Is it by chance an open event? Or is it private/members only? Lots of guys on here looking for events to attend since the ‘Rona has shaken up the schedule.

Friendship is an open event.
Friendship Indiana in June, just West of Cincinnati.

The South Eastern will be held in Eastern Tn. later this Fall...
Around the end of October, I think.

Cool thanks! Hard to keep track of what is and isn’t happening this year, things are changing so quickly.

Reactions: smo
My family attended a fantastic show by Herman’s Hermits in my small hometown of 10,000 residence this evening. The show was originally scheduled to be outside, but was moved indoors due to the massive T-storms heading our way. My daughter Sandy, Mrs BPMS and I LOVED every minute of it. We had a local resident pay for the band to perform in our small town America. Peter Noone took us back to the British Invasion Days of the 1960's. We LOVED every minute of the show !!

View attachment 75910
I watched the video, Mark. Looked like a great show!

Tim
('Poet)

Couldn’t think of a name for a bit of aluminium that fits over the loading lever and helps take the pressure off my ever softening old hands!🥴. I could have called it a nandle I suppose?

Yesterday, I walked all the way around our driveway without a walker or cane. I am 1 week back from a rehab hospital after back and spine surgery. Also walked the stairs to my man cave several times. It is so good to be home after 1 week in a hospital and 2 weeks in a rehab facility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back