• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a anvil like that is on my bucket list. my onlyest daddy had one, which my brother got. it now lives on a stump in the yard of a ranch in eastern Ore. Brother said i could have it if i left my pickup sitting where it was 100 feet away and carried the anvil to it. this was 40 years ago and it is still sitting there on that stump! 😁

Picked up my Ultra Limited.
0_Attach27267_20210408_114653.jpg

Last edited:
Finished mounting the Malcome scope on the sharps, Just about finished with a netted game pouch, Waiting on a bit better weather then off to the range too sight in the scope, pretty excited wanted one of these scopes for a long time. Yesterday received second moderna wu flu shot at the V.A. arm a little sore but so far everything seems O.K.

Shot my first real Black Powder today. Been shooting Triple 7 up to now. Anyhow, all went well, but after driving yesterday 5 hrs round trip to Calgary I was very tired today and it shows in my targets. Warm day, almost 70F.

Pedersoli Frontier .50....Goex 2fg 60 grains, 50 yds off hand and 100 yds from 1 knee. .490 ball, .015 patch. Little bit of a cross breeze today which did not help with my fatigue level either. But I couldn't wait to try it. Added about 20 minutes to my 20 minute cleaning routine though. She's dirty alright. T7 cleans up much easier in my opinion. But...she went KABOOM, made lots of smoke and sent the other shooters running for oxygen....success!

50 yds, not bad.
Apr 17 50 yds.jpeg

100 yds, not good.
Apr 17 100 yds.jpeg

Shoot safe & as often as you can!
RR :)
Apr 17th 2021.jpeg

Today my oldest son asked who the Duke of Wellington was. Gave him a short description for the sake of accuracy, then started binge watching Sharpe. Been at it all evening!

A jackpot, my first comp in 8 years or so. Its a lot of fun !! My last year of comp, won money most times I competed, but only small ammounts on the circuit here in Western Australia. No ranches or sheep stations !!

Attended a Gun + Knife Show today. Didn't buy anything , prices are "up there" But .It sure felt good to be around all these Common Sense Folks again.

Wiped down guns instead of shooting them.
Finished boat modifications. Just waiting on safety gear then shakedown at Lake Mead, NV.

wm

Took my Hawken and Walker out to the range and made some smoke. Hawken shoots extremely well, Colt Walker has decided that now it is going to shoot low, very low. Last year I made a new front sight and got it pretty much spot on point of aim, however the gun safe fairies have obviously been hard at work during lockdown.

Went to shoot this morning but the wind was up, 20-30mph. blew my table and chair over and my coffee too. We just got on the lee side of the truck and shot the bull for a couple hours. Shot a couple of unmentionables to test for a few rounds. Didn't even attempt to load a bp gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back