• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the CVA 32 Squrril that I just finished restoring out to the range to site it in and get video footage for the Youtube channel. Went fishing after that for a couple hours!

Well, the original question was: What did you do today? I didn't see any stipulation on subject. It is a good thread, interesting to know what others of our ilk do.

I watched the movie the longest day over a couple of evenings. I had me one of those crickets the paratroopers used for identification when I was a kid back in the 50's. Forgot all about that.

I just watched that again myself! Incredible movie. Never get tired of the old war movies. You know, the ones that showed the American armed forces triumphing over evil in the world. Saving lives. Freeing people.
Not the Hollywood garbage nowadays that makes them out to be evil, racist, corrupt soldiers of fortune.

I just watched that again myself! Incredible movie. Never get tired of the old war movies. You know, the ones that showed the American armed forces triumphing over evil in the world. Saving lives. Freeing people.
Not the Hollywood garbage nowadays that makes them out to be evil, racist, corrupt soldiers of fortune.
Not just Americans. When the British took that bridge and disabled the explosives was some special forces stuff.

T Foley, you are correct on historical places, I spent some time in the European countries, U.K., Norway ,Denmark, Germany I was in awe of the dates on some of the places I was. The folks were nice, and treated us very well, A interesting story we were on maneuvers and I had two gun squads for the TOW missle system in place, in forward positions and got caught in a pretty nasty snow storm, was told too try to find some shelter and wait it out, found a German farmer who left us stay in his barn, so along about 2 in the morning he came too us all excited seemed one of his cows was about to have a calf, the other Sgt. who was with me (a Texan horse rancher) and I along with the farmer delivered the calf no problems. It was a bull calf and the farmer and we celebrated his birth with a few bottles of wine. I remember the Texan taking a eagle, globe and anchor collar emblem and placing it on the corner post of the stall, wonder if it is still there. That was 1976 a long time ago.

Last night I ground - seasoned - and cured 11 pounds of pork for a batch of kielbasa. I used a 150 year old recipe from a farmer in New England who inherited the farm (4th generation now) and is still making the sausage as part of the business. They only sell local so he was generous enough to share the recipe with the rest of the world.
I did cheat on it just a bit by adding some aleppo and ground red chili as I like mine to be a bit sassy.
I loaded up the 11# Hauka stuffer early this morning and shot almost all 11 pounds into 38mm hog casings.
The slug left in the bottom of the stuffer chamber was made into a patty and made an excellent and very tasty sandwich for my lunch.
The lot is currently sitting in the slow smoker.
Tomorrow! I will be heading out to Fossil Pointe to make some white smoke. I have not had Bessie out in a good while. I think it's time to throw some big balls down range.
20210406_103112.jpg

20210406_102929.jpg

Later tonight I'll get a pick of the final after smoking is done.

And I also thank Zonie for not closing this thread. I have really enjoyed it.

Do you mean 1954?

Old?

Snigger........

Our pub was built in 1634, and at least ten houses I walk by on my way there were built around the mid-1700's. Two more houses, still lived in, were built between 1100 and 1250, and I don't mean the time of day. :) In the other half of the village, which we reach by crossing a bridge built in the 1300's, there are many houses older than the United States - and the church was RE-built in 1420.

I guess we have different views on what constitutes 'old'.
Old is relative....... Who's relative we're still trying to find out.

Last night I ground - seasoned - and cured 11 pounds of pork for a batch of kielbasa. I used a 150 year old recipe from a farmer in New England who inherited the farm (4th generation now) and is still making the sausage as part of the business. They only sell local so he was generous enough to share the recipe with the rest of the world.
I did cheat on it just a bit by adding some aleppo and ground red chili as I like mine to be a bit sassy.
I loaded up the 11# Hauka stuffer early this morning and shot almost all 11 pounds into 38mm hog casings.
The slug left in the bottom of the stuffer chamber was made into a patty and made an excellent and very tasty sandwich for my lunch.
The lot is currently sitting in the slow smoker.
Tomorrow! I will be heading out to Fossil Pointe to make some white smoke. I have not had Bessie out in a good while. I think it's time to throw some big balls down range.
View attachment 71919
View attachment 71920
Later tonight I'll get a pick of the final after smoking is done.

And I also thank Zonie for not closing this thread. I have really enjoyed it.
Hey Grizz, if he shared the recipe with the world, any chance you’ll share it with us?
Walk

picked up another tin of musket caps. Planned a shooting trip with my dad this weekend. Will be my oldest son’s first time with a muzzleloader so we’ve been reviewing safety rules.

Reactions: smo
I think you reference Remagen..... A bridge too far - a wonderful movie all in itself! I've watched Longest Day dozens of times, and still enjoy it as much as I did the first time.
I was referring to the bridge that the British took on the eve of D-day. Is that one and the same? I've never seen a bridge to far.

WHAT!!!! If you don't watch it by this weekend, you will suffer two demerits against your Man Card! 🤔

That would be Pegasus Bridge, as it is now called, formerly the Bénouville Bridge, over the Caen Canal in Normandy. It was captured to keep it intact, not to blow it up. The actor, Richard Todd, who played the part of Wing Commander Guy Gibson in the movie 'The Dambusters' was a young officer in that action. Read - Pegasus Bridge

1617808580700.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back