• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a couple of hours melting down and pouring ingots of the lead I got from Justin .44. Pretty clean stuff!
Finished repurposing some kitchen cabinets to the outside shop. These are going to be handy.

wm
I was working in the garage when the postman showed up with the box (yeah, I bought #2)
When I went to retrieve it from the front porch where he left it, I took my dolly.......

Years ago when we lived in Central Texas I did a lot of casting and had a good deal with a guy who sent me one of those 70# boxes every month.
We had a mail lady that delivered to us. Soaking wet she might have weighed in at 90-95 pounds.
Every time one of those boxes showed up, she would ring the doorbell and when I would answer the door - she would command me - "Follow me buster......."
I never argued with her, just grabbed the dolly and dutifully followed her as instructed......

Range day!
I usually occupy the far left end of the rifle line. It never fails when the other end is shooting big unmentionables and I light off 60 grains of 2f OE everyone stops, looks over and someone invariably sez "Jeez! What was that?" 😁
Of course, most come down to find out just what it was and try out a "real flintlock".

wm

People more often than not will assume if something is free there's something wrong with it. Put some items on the curb with a free sign on it and they will generally sit there for quite a while and may never be taken. Put it out with a price on it and state knock on door to purchase and it will disappear almost overnight and no one will knock on your door..............
Yep...my father tried that once...and..it worked! LOL

Spending the week in Dallas Texas with my daughters family , grand children are Gods blessing for letting your
kids live. Had parts ordered for a rifle 4 weeks ago and wouldn't you know it they came yesterday, busy trying
to get a hold of my son , gave up and called my grand daughter to pick up the mail, mission completed.
gunny

Spending the week in Dallas Texas with my daughters family , grand children are Gods blessing for letting your
kids live. Had parts ordered for a rifle 4 weeks ago and wouldn't you know it they came yesterday, busy trying
to get a hold of my son , gave up and called my grand daughter to pick up the mail, mission completed.
gunny
My family is going to Dallas in June for some BP shooting & sight seeing. I can't wait!

Another thing, as many of you may have noticed I have a motor mouth and write a paragraph or two when a few words will do. When I post an ad on the free classified I gussie it up a bit with a back story to draw the buyer in, works for me.

The down side of these ads is that a sizeable amount of the things posted are stolen. I bought a couple of things and had second thoughts later about them being legit. Now I pull up the posters Facebook page and look at their pictures. If they live in a shack and have a high dollar camera for sale for a fraction of the actual value I can assume it is stolen and pass on the deal. I also ask if they have the owners manual for the item, if they don't that is another red flag.

Went fishing this morning bright and early for a couple hour's. Left there and went to church with the wife and got to 32 I just finished restoring and burnt some powder in the side yard. The nabour hearing me shooting came over to check it out (He watch's all my video's) and let him shoot it a few time's! Now I am drinking a beer and cleaning up the yard and waiting on dinner!!

Made a tapping guide.

189D621D-E060-441B-87F6-46222561B71A.jpeg

Stayed true to my "heretic" nature and golfed with a prospective nephew. Getting ready to toss a rack of back ribs in the smoker for dinner then watch the earth turn from the comfort of the back deck.

wm

Lazy day here, did load 20 test rounds 45 colt BP for the un-mentionable pistol, played fetch with the lab until he lost interest, was going to work on a shooting bag but decided not too, talked to my Marine Corps brother about going trout fishing tomorrow morning. Now waiting on the evening meal, baked ham, mac and cheese, pickled eggs and apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream for finish.

Today was warm and mostly sunny and great day to take a walk. HOWEVER, the wind is blowing and could probably hold a brick to the wall. Messed up a beautiful day for us. I cooked up a good dinner and tinkered trying to get prepared to go shoot later this week.

Lazy day here, did load 20 test rounds 45 colt BP for the un-mentionable pistol, played fetch with the lab until he lost interest, was going to work on a shooting bag but decided not too, talked to my Marine Corps brother about going trout fishing tomorrow morning. Now waiting on the evening meal, baked ham, mac and cheese, pickled eggs and apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream for finish.
You must be single? I have never met a woman that would treat me that nice! Pun intended!

Nope LME been married going on 44 years, knew my wife since grade school, put a lot of time in training her before we got married, once in a while she gets mule stubborn but that's O.K.

A beautiful Kentucky spring day here, mid-70s, bright, calm. Bucked up the top of a poplar tree which fell in a wind a few weeks ago, hauled and stacked it in the rick. As Monty Python said, I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.
DSC_0001.JPG

Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back