• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A day fit to try and forget!
Finished packing for the 2 week journeu to my new job.
The car wouldnt start!
265 bucks and an hour later we head outta town.
1.5 hours later had to redo the trailer cover. No biggy.
Another hour and a half and i notice the trailer has gotten unplugged and the ug is now a smear on the bitumen somewhere.
Anyway about another 2 hours later notice that the fuel gauge is playing up and i am about 20 miles short on fuel.
Slowed down to 50 and looked like we had lowered consumption.dropped to 45and crept into town with maybe 10m in the tank.
But beats pushing.
So here i am in Winton ( google it).
Had the best pork chop ever. Had a very pleasing but unusual day talking with the missus and otherwisedealing with lifes ups and downs.
Hopefully i can get the trailer sorted tommorrow
Ohbyeah. Was planning on visiting the kids but the city just went into lockdown Again!

I did my last kale picking yesterday, it is the last of my greens to go to seed and is still good to pick, everything else has gone to seed.
last kale.JPG

Because the patch is on its last leg I cut the stalks and held the head at waist level to strip the leaves, lots less stoop labor this way.

last kale 2.JPG

I picked Walmart bag as full as I could get it, this is an astounding amount of kale. Here the kale is getting a salt water bath to make the bugs fall off.

last kale 3.JPG

It took my largest stock pot to hold this amount kale to cook it, I will freeze all of this in single serve packs for the off season, I live alone. I have already frozen more than I can eat but hate to see good produce go to waste. I am done picking greens for the year.
last kale 4.JPG

Started working on a game bag shooting pouch, similar to the ones Hugo has posted. to go with the fowler.

Reactions: smo
Got 3 rows of okra seeds planted . Short rows but still alot of bending over, ooh my back!

Went to the gym, increasing bike time to 45 minutes at level 3, "rolling hills." Barely broke a sweat so might increase "intensity" to Level 4 on Wednesday. Might hold off till Friday as I like to take things slow. Made new friends at the gym.

Staples would not scan items if I didn't have a zip drive. Went to friend's house to do that. Send mail-order bride the document copies.

Friend's aunt is positive for CCP virus but I think it's a false positive. Not worried in the least.

Pulled over to help a guy with a blow out on the interstate. Once again a guy has gone out without basic tools. Just as I prepared to loosen his lug nuts, tow truck arrived. I cleared the scene but shook my head....you'd think guys would be more self reliant.

Ate manure from Dairy Queen. It tastes good but is not good for you. Won't do that again for many weeks.

Went home, too cold to spray paint, fell asleep on couch.

Up late now. ARGH. Naps are not good if taken late in the day.

I'll have to admit that today we'll be slapping wood gloop on some of the many railings over at our little railway, whereas yesterday I went shooting for the first time since last October.

To my shame, I wasn't shooting any kind of muzzleloader, but I WAS shooting a BP-era rifle from 1885, with a 500gr lump of lead coming out of it. Does THAT count some?

@Eric Krewson, after looking at the damage from Carpenter Bees on my deck, I decided to remove the wood turning and powder measure work from the wood lathe feature on my Shopsmith and make some bee traps.
Bee Traps.jpg

Now I can get back to finishing the bowl and some more powder measures.

wood turning.jpg

The powder measure will be for about 30 grains for my single shot pistols.

I did my last kale picking yesterday, it is the last of my greens to go to seed and is still good to pick, everything else has gone to seed.
View attachment 70829

Because the patch is on its last leg I cut the stalks and held the head at waist level to strip the leaves, lots less stoop labor this way.

View attachment 70830

I picked Walmart bag as full as I could get it, this is an astounding amount of kale. Here the kale is getting a salt water bath to make the bugs fall off.

View attachment 70831

It took my largest stock pot to hold this amount kale to cook it, I will freeze all of this in single serve packs for the off season, I live alone. I have already frozen more than I can eat but hate to see good produce go to waste. I am done picking greens for the year.
View attachment 70832
Kale with white beans and roasted peppers is a favorite here.

Unpacked my Kibler SMR kit that just arrived. Watched Jim's assembly videos again. Looking forward to getting started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back