• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed the apparently-nonperiod dragon sideplate from my trade-gun, and replaced it with leather "washers" i made by hand.

View attachment 69937
View attachment 69938
View attachment 69939

The top lockscrew must be longer than the left one, because I had to stick two additional (albeit thinner) leather "washers" under the head *and* file the screw down some in order to prevent it from sticking too far through the lockplate. In spite of that, I think I marked the face of the cock when the screw was too long, and I ordered a new cock regardless.

Spare parts are always good to have on hand
cut the screw.
NW

st wondering, did someone find my post about the spring equinox offensive?
Equinox? We ain't got no equinox. We don't need no equinox. I don't have to show you any stinkin' equinox!"

Attachments

• DSCN0623.JPG
    DSCN0623.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 72
Build # 60 came in for service . It's been gone for a while. A .32 percussion that intermittently would not stay in the full cock position. Disassembled the lock and I'm going to have to check with the owner about What the heck kind of grease he used in the mechanism? It had changed into what seemed like bee's wax, only black. Musta been some sort of grease to start with , and changed to wax over time. The fly in the tumbler wouldn't flip when cocked due to the black goo. Oh well , the percussion lock is working ok now after some cleaning, proper lube, and tuning. The owner always relates the story to me , about the first wild turkey he got with the .32. After delivering the rifle to him , he got home from work and headed into the woods next to his home. He was walking down an old logging trace and a gobbler just came out on to the road and stood there broadside. One ball through the pinions , turkey dinner. He was so happy with the little .32. ...............Wish a turkey would do that for me.......oldwood

More yard work... planted blue berries & black berries.

Removed one of the OWMBO flower gardens to make room for a carport addition.... later on.🥵
Checked one of my game cams and replaced the batteries.

Cut some Hickory for the smoker.

Had a talk today with the former mayor of Zip City. He told me of a guy from the past that aluminized a painter apprentice! Installed new brackets and tail lights on utility trailer.
Dave

Reactions: smo
Searched Regina Sk, for percussion caps. Found a bunch but the store would only sell me 4 tins. 1 tin of #10 and 3 of #11. Cabelas had none even though their web sight said they had 47 units in stock.
Got lunch at the Italian Star deli, and bought some black pasta and imported maraschino cherries. Once you`ve had them, its really hard to go back to grocery store brand marachinos.
had said lunch at my sisters place and had a good visit. Haven`t seen her in 3 years.

Dave,That ole boy was covered head to toe ! lol

Needless too say, He didn’t last long...
The last I heard, he was a lawn mower mechanic...

Last edited:
I received a notice that my Kibler SMR kit is ready to ship. Need to clear off my workbench, get a new candle for inletting and sharpen my tools. Only a little longer in the waiting club.

on my way back home to Newfoundland. Got my fathers affairs in order for my mother, had some good family visits with all my brothers.
yesterday i gave my mom a few lessons to shoot dad`s 41 cal unmentionable smoothbore- she wanted to make sure she could shoot the coyotes at the chicken house and the bunnies in the garden. She never fired any firearm before, we had to put the ammo away or she`d have shot it all!

More hawk & knife throwing & shooting pellet pistol and .177 cal rifles with the Grandson..
We managed our way thru another 250 count can of pellets.....

Good thing I stocked up early as they’re probably in short supply now too.

The wal mart here doesn't have much unmentionable ammo but they got a ton pf .22 cal and.177 pellets. I did splurge and a can of 500 .177's.

Actually got to work an eight hour shift last night instead of a twelve! Got some sleep, hung out with the kids, and searched around for a .375 or .380 round ball mold. No luck yet, but there's no rush. I'm sure one will turn up.

drove up to my property in Idaho and set up camp. Gonna do some grounds keeping before they weeds take hold. There's just something about clean mountain air and the sound of pheasants that stirs the soul.
May you all find your way to your happy place at least once this year.

It is!

A quick 'throw' together' from shop junk just to see the practicality as a rest for carrying out to the 'range' .

A mini-car jack, a piece of flat plate with a boat trailer rubber 'V' block lined with leather and mounted to board. It works pretty well but will get modified a little to work even better!

Below is a better pic of it during the 'testing' phase!
View attachment 56288
So what's in the Mason jar lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back