• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the range today with the Deerhunter .50. One of attending wives tried out the rifle and declared it much fun. :)

Good day today. My target looked like the right pic in RR's above. Mine were off the bench tho. 🤷‍♂️
Heckuva target on the left. Mind sharing your load?

wm

Last edited:
Oh sorry, I was shooting Triple 7 2F, 55 grains with a .490 ball and .015 patch. More or less what I mostly shoot, I tend to get something working and stick with it, that's why I've been married 36 yrs... :)

I cooked, I freeze and can a lot of stuff from the garden, sure is nice to make a meal with mostly stuff from you larder.

I cooked pop-ups freshly picked from the garden, these are the seed heads just emerging from turnip greens, collards and kale. I sauté them in butter, steam them to tenderized them, add onion and garlic and a little olive oil, very tasty but you have to be a greens lover to eat them, they taste like Brussel sprouts and collards mixed together.

I had canned Ky Wonder beans with onions, canned stewed okra and tomatoes, peaches and cream corn, also frozen from the garden. I BBQed some chicken leg quarters when they were on sale for 39 cents a pound so I had the meat covered.

Here are the pop-ups, you just cut the top 3" of the sprout before the flowers open like is in the bottom right corner of the picture;
pop ups.JPG

just wondering, did someone find my post about the spring equinox offensive?
not only took the egg balance pic off but today the post is gone too.
if i can't get light hearted on this particular segment having mostly nothing to do with flash of a muzzle then i will quit posting anything
ballance egg time again.jpg

I started this thread in December because I was frustrated at not being able to get my hands on two new to me revolvers and wanted to see what other members were doing. I don’t have any more preparation to do before I get the freedom to visit the dealer and the range again. It is interesting to me to see how life is on the other side of the pond. I live in a town, in a country where I could never find ‘open range’ to do some shooting. Thus, none gun snippets interest me. If it upsets anyone I hope they will tell me before they take offence. Today I started making some spouts for my powder flasks. They are not expensive to buy but if I wanted -say - 221/3 grains of Swiss 2 I can make it.

Removed the apparently-nonperiod dragon sideplate from my trade-gun, and replaced it with leather "washers" i made by hand.

20210322_125049.jpg

20210322_125840.jpg

20210322_133301.jpg

The top lockscrew must be longer than the left one, because I had to stick two additional (albeit thinner) leather "washers" under the head *and* file the screw down some in order to prevent it from sticking too far through the lockplate. In spite of that, I think I marked the face of the cock when the screw was too long, and I ordered a new cock regardless.

Spare parts are always good to have on hand

Last edited:
Ran a chain saw , trimmed a few limbs.
Moved and stacked up the limbs for a future burn.
Hung two hawk throwing blocks.
Repaired the handle on my Grandsons throwing knife.
Threw our hawk and knives testing the new swinging blocks. 👍
Pulled up a dozen small trees with my tractor.
Took a ride in the atv with my 10 yo Grandson at the wheel...👀
just another day on the homestead...

Cleaned a couple of rifles from going shooting and getting them dirty. A bit of cooking nd some tinkering. All boring.

Cleaned a couple of rifles from going shooting and getting them dirty. A bit of cooking nd some tinkering. All boring.
went to a funeral, significant others dad, treated me like a son. i am so going to miss that man. when they played taps, wasnt to many dry eyes at the cemetery😢.... RIP, Dad!!!!!

Got the last of the cabinet doors wiped down after sanding, to be ready for paint tomorrow. You know, that kitchen re-do ever decade or so.
Pulled out the 1858's and mulled over doing anything interesting.
Pondered on how to make minie molds fit my slightly over-bored P-53.

I hate Spring yard work , so currently hiding from the boss in my shop inletting a tang and barrel . The wood's walnut and works easy . The boss finally located me , so will get creative , and tell her I have too work on the lawn tractor battery............oldwood

Reactions: smo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back