• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After making a comment in one of the threads about "Possible/Shot" pouches I decided to put my money where my mouth went. I had some leather that I had bought from Hobby Lobby a while back and some extra ticking so I figured what the hell lets give it a shot. It has been a learning experience. Mainly, I have learned that I need better tools and such, and I need to plan and prepare better. But moving forward with it. Never done anything like this, Took Cutfingers Squirrel bag looked it over came up with a pattern and started sewing it up. As you can tell I am not very artistic!!! 😁 Regardless, Its fun.

Putting it together 1.jpg Putting it together 2.jpg

That's what I thought too. At first, I thought maybe I should leave some caps but then I looked around the Sporting Goods section and it was completely wiped out. Obviously, there aren't any muzzleloading enthusiasts in this little town so I got what I could and never look back.

Roof-coated (tar-aluminum mixture) three metal sheds on the place. Not a fun day. Breathed in enough hydrocarbons to last me a while.

I've been wanting a loading press. I've fettled with some scrap wood and a holding fixture to make the press. I have threaded inserts for both the 36 and 44 balls. To finish I need to make the cylinder fixture.

Loading Press.jpg

In the course of reassembling the Colt Navy, the mainspring broke. I guess I have some more time to finish the loading press.

...˙punoɹɐ pǝuɹnʇ sbuıɥʇ ʇǝb ı sǝɯıʇǝɯos ɹǝʌǝʍoɥ

˙ǝɯ uo sʇɔǝɟɟɐ ןןı ʎuɐ buıʌɐɥ suoqɹɐɔoɹpʎɥ pǝɔıʇou ɹǝʌǝu ı ' sɹɐǝʎ + 03 ɹoɟ ɹǝʇuıɐd ɐ sɐ pǝʞɹoʍ ı
10 yrs painting, 30+ yrs as comtractor , sanding and finishing hardwood floors makes my days a lot shorter than they used to be. I haven't gotten upside down and bassackerds yet though..
Dave

Dave, I always used the good stuff....
That’s probably the reason I’m infected with this spɹǝʞɔɐssɐq & uʍop ǝpısdn disease...

You know, the paint that smells like money!

Tell the Mayor of Zip City Smo said Hello...lol

I'm sorry to say the defacto mayor passed away recently with covid. As you know an unincorporated community has no official election but usually someone will rise to the top with a mind of civic responsibility and selflessness. Robert Walker was that man, he was the second owner of P&K Western Wear in downtown Zip City where it has been for more than 50 yrs. . He will be greatly missed here.
And I did get to preferring waterborne finishes to oil polys.
Dave

Reactions: smo
Ran 100 or so 54 balls,me and wife getting over Covid and really just feeling like being out doing stuff again.

Reactions: smo
Have been working more on the Kibler kit the last few days. I started with the LMF Browning on the barrel but hated the look of it. Looked more like a rusty tool than a fine finish. Sanded back to bare metal and used Oxpho Blue Cream. I'm not sure if this is period correct or not. Now to me it looks like a barrel should.

Finished sanding and raising the whisker down to 1000grit. Applied first coat of Aqua Fortis.

IMG_0419.jpeg
IMG_0418.jpeg
IMG_0417.jpeg

I call this a "hybrid" shooting weekend.
BP at the local range yesterday and modern scatterguns at the county sporting clays club.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back