• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a .58 minie mold block on the scanner to create a jpeg.
Now I've got the paint program open, plotting on how to turn an old style #575213 into a .66 caliber.
So your going to make a .66 cal. minie ball mold out of a .58 minie ball mold? That is really cool. Will you take pictures and post them? Would love to see it.

I have had a 7/8" Colerain barrel I purchased several years ago and tried to sell for half price with no takers, so I decided to make a Leman muzzleloader with the barrel. I also had a few other parts for the Leman. Extremely cold weather here and covid lurching in the wind with not much to do so here goes.View attachment 57312
leman 3.jpg

Well, I did nothing by way of BP shooting, on account our ranges have been closed here in UK since the first week in October. But I had already made a bunch of Miniés for my Musketoon, and made a start casting some new bullets for my impending Whitworth rifle that I'm hoping to collect when we can meet up with people outside our own family bubble again...I DID actually do some shooting like I do everyday, but that involved nothing but air.

Spent the last few days working on the Kibler barrel browning. Had a hard time getting the scale to form. Ended up hanging the barrel from a rafter in my shop over a bowl of water that was setting on the heater. That did the trick.

Today I went to work, but yesterday I told my office I had an emergency and wouldn’t be in. My emergency was I had 4 muzzle loaders ( 2 rifles and two pistols) that needed shooting. The weather was mid 60’s yesterday and it was going to storm today, which it did. The wife went to Scottsdale AZ on a girls trip so I had nowhere to go and all day to get there. Was very relaxing. Came home and cleaned them in the garage. My wife hates the smell and usually makes me go outside. Ate supper snd sit back and watched Last of the Mohicans.

Got up on a tall step ladder (10 footer) and used a power trimmer to trim dad's tree back while he held the ladder.
I had lunch while watching my favorite show, "Emergency" (yes the one from the '70's).
I then ran some errands, paid a bill, etc.

I finished the day by taking a nap, watching some Tucker Carlson and Gunsmoke with dad. I chatted online with my mail order bride.

Going to take my cva hawken 50 cal pistol and my 54 cal hawken rifle out of gun cabinet and give a once over so i can get ready to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back