• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a vintage (pre-WW II) International #8 plow for my wife's tractor.
Little Genius.jpg

This was also known as the 'Little Genius' model.

I am contemplating the purchase of a Kibler Kit. I cannot decide which one I want...Calibre is easy..Colonial Rifle would be .54 calibre...Southern Mountain would be .40 calibre.

But which one to get???? I just cannot decide...need to think on this a bit.

Wow, Bob! Been there, done that. I thought I was gonna die! So I promised the Lord, "Lord, let me live through this and I'll never do it again". I've kept my promise but not sure if The Lord kept his. I kinda feel like I'm alive but don't want to test it.

With, hopefully, some light at the and of a long tunnel, my Ranges will be opening in a few weeks. That means I can look forward to getting my hands on a brace of .36 revolvers I have been waiting over six months for. So today I cast two hundred .375 balls. The excitement mounts🥳🥳🥳

Having already made a .45 one a while back, yesterday I made one part of some .36 formers for paper cartridge making. Second parts today after my wife and I ‘escape’ for a walk this morning.
CBA6C1AE-3DBE-4DA0-B17B-9EA018D1E5B5.jpeg

I got the one John made earlier and it works great.
Thanks, John

So pleased. Now have finishedmyself a .36 one .
4Ma.jpg

Plan on making some cartridges this evening ready for a (hoped for) day on the Range on 17th April.

Got enough projectiles I hope (300 of each)

Progies.jpg

Attachments

• Progies.jpg
    Progies.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 59
Nothing much yesterday, took my gal friend out to lunch and later mulched my blueberry patch, the buckets on the loader at the bark place get smaller every year, but the price stays the same. I have mixture of 20 year old bushes that are past their prime, 3 year old bushes that are just coming on and a couple of new bushes.

I always have way more blueberries than I can use, if I have a bad crop one year I always have enough in the freezer to tide me over to the next year. The blueberries in the picture are left over from last year, add lots of okra, corn and plenty of deer, this was my covid stock when it first hit. Many squirrels went to the freezer when they zeroed in on my ripe blueberry crop, crop deprivation killings, out of season but it is they eat blueberries or I eat blueberries.
full freezer.jpg

blueberry mulch.JPG

I am contemplating the purchase of a Kibler Kit. I cannot decide which one I want...Calibre is easy..Colonial Rifle would be .54 calibre...Southern Mountain would be .40 calibre.

But which one to get???? I just cannot decide...need to think on this a bit.
Just do as I did and get both! I have the .40 SMR and the .54 Colonial and love them!

Shot some Pyrodex for first time yesterday. 50 yds but that darn wind was a pain.
Interesting powder.
View attachment 67494
Try Pyrodex P grade powder. I absolutely love the stuff. Once my current supply of Goex is gone, thats all I will be shooting in my cappers. Unless I can find more black for reasonable cost, not $50+ per pound!
Before people jump in with the wisdom of mail ordering, etc. please remember this is Canada!
Walk

Put a .58 minie mold block on the scanner to create a jpeg.
Now I've got the paint program open, plotting on how to turn an old style #575213 into a .66 caliber.

Try Pyrodex P grade powder. I absolutely love the stuff. Once my current supply of Goex is gone, thats all I will be shooting in my cappers. Unless I can find more black for reasonable cost, not $50+ per pound!
Before people jump in with the wisdom of mail ordering, etc. please remember this is Canada!
Walk

Thanks I will try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back