• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple day of rain, it’s sunny and nice here in east TX, and I just put a few rounds through my old Knight DISC rifle to check zero on the sights. I “graduated” to smokeless about 10 years ago and haven’t shot the gun since, but for whatever reason, I absolutely love it. I guess because it was my first muzzleloader, and the fact that it has accounted for A BUNCH of game. The old Knight will be getting another “upgrade” soon, since I have a bare primer conversion on order.
There’s still a lot of day left, so I will probably be inspired to shoot another gun or three before dark.:thumb:

retrieverman:

Well, hopefully you own a traditional style muzzleloader you can shoot.
The thing you mention is exactly the kind of rifle we do not talk about on this forum. The forum is for the kinds of guns that were made before 1865 and talk about modern inlines, sabots and bullets with plastic parts is against the forum rules.

Here's a link to the Forum Rules for those who haven't read them yet:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/forum-rules.108881/
For people who don't care about the old fashioned traditional muzzleloaders, we have a sister forum called Modern Muzzleloaders.
Here's a link to that site:

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/

Dang it Felt, we can only make this stuff up so fast, LOL! 'I was going to clean my room, 'til I got high!' We could make it less boring but we would be censored or sued, LOL! Besides, every day performing original restorations beats grubbing a living or dealing with in-laws! My oldest sisters boy, Bull, 1/2 year older than me is coming by today on his way back from Ok. at his NA wife's folks on their way back to Mississippi. That's a good thing though, he's intelligent, and a retired saddle maker, so he knows my drive to work on anachronistic crafts like ML guns, horns, bags etc. Also we get to hear how the tribe is doing in these troubled times. Hang in there Felt, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we all know the cure for boredom is ADVENTURE! We'll all be out again before you know it, freezing, burning up, eating dirt and ants and filth and making SMOKE!
The trouble with”light at the end of the tunnel” is it’s usually an oncoming train!

Working on the Blacksmith shop addition to my log cabin. Got to have a place to hammer on my 450lb Peter Wright anvil. It was sold at a steel mill auction many years ago in PA. Also have everything else I need Buffalo Forge with original hood etc...

View attachment 56887View attachment 56888

Here is a couple more pics you folks might like

View attachment 56889View attachment 56890

I'm surprised to see your anvil on bits of concrete - our local blacksmith and his three sons - also blacksmiths - have their anvils on large-diameter tree stumps. Says it for the resilience on impact...you'd know.

I'm surprised to see your anvil on bits of concrete - our local blacksmith and his three sons - also blacksmiths - have their anvils on large-diameter tree stumps. Says it for the resilience on impact...you'd know.

It is just being stored on a double stack of blocks for now, and not being used of course. I already have large stumps cut for the anvil and swage block

Just got the minty tiny original Ketland lock I bought some time ago in the mail today for my .29 cal Soddy build, so time to sit at the bench, turn on a little Gunsmoke, and give her a bit of a go over. Looks awesome. Laying the pattern today as well as I’ll have the barrel next weekend.

E0101383-5781-49C1-B814-50CBFE0F8711.jpeg

44AF751B-D389-4F2F-9867-CDD00C0BC658.jpeg

Got up at O - DARK - 30 Went to the shop with the intentions of tidying things up, got side tracked, as usual.
Found some metal and came up with this rest. Some may remember this being made back in the 70s or 80s ,
by who I can't remember. Put on a quick spray of silver , haven't decided on a color yet. I figure this won't be
as heavy or bulky going to the range as my Caldwell Had some sand and put it on the stove to dry out, Came in and sewed some bags. To cold , snow and ice to try out I guess that will come latter.
gunny

Attachments

• IMG_2100[26].JPG
    IMG_2100[26].JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 114
Cooked tree meals for the lady [wife], two for dogs, removed old sights from my project gun, made a leather strap for my southern banded horn [Ames .., and lovely]. Looked at MLF to see what you all were doing. Cleaned a gun barrel in prep for browning, let my jealous nature steam as I read y'all were hunting .. :rolleyes: and watched some bowl games that were pretty boring. Oh yeah, worked on a ram rod that a prior owner had allowed to turn green [the brass]. I really did not do much worth while .. maybe next week I'll do something. Polecat

Getting ready for a range trip with a un-mentionable, took the pooch a walk left him play in the mud puddles, other than that pretty quiet day.

Wife and I took Mushka up on his invite to join him and his Yuma Territorial Long Rifles for their monthly shoot. GREAT group of men and women. It was sunny but there was a chilly breeze a blowin. Being full time rv'ers in the times of the CCP virus has made it difficult to do as much shooting as we used to. Lots of clubs canceled their rendezvous last year and even a lot of their monthly shoots. Glad to see that the YTLRs will be holding their rendezvous this month Jan 14-17.
So if you want to make some good smoke under a sunny Arizona winter sky, come on down.
Thank you again for being so welcoming YTLR's

I have a new rifle in parts and pieces, sitting in my workshop. However, I am on the mend after surgery on my shoulder. Can't do much until the incisions fully heal and I get through rehab, to get a full range of motion. So frustrated. So, I spend my time at the 'puter, reading M/L forums.
Hope you get heald up soon brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back