• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news!
I found my ( although basic) 10g card stamp I made something like a couple of decades ago ! Handy considering I just got a 10g 😊
20210522_090951.jpg

Starting too get in wood for this coming winter, and attending too my wife, A few more weeks and things should loosen up a bit with her getting around on her own, then back too the range work.

Thanks Brit, she's on the mend, besides taking care of her I have been working on laying in fire wood for this coming winter one cord ranked another on the ground waiting on ranking ( it is very warm here today thought I would wait a bit) and three more too go. With two fire places and the expected price of heating oil figured I would get a early start. Seems like as the years go bye it becomes a bit more difficult.

Went fishing again with a Friend of my from down in Mississippi.
We floated 5-6 miles down White Oak creek .
A local tributary too the Tennessee river.

We only managed a couple fish, but it was a great day!

View attachment 78033
A bad day in the woods or on the water is better than a good day in the office.

Thanks Brit, she's on the mend, besides taking care of her I have been working on laying in fire wood for this coming winter one cord ranked another on the ground waiting on ranking ( it is very warm here today thought I would wait a bit) and three more too go. With two fire places and the expected price of heating oil figured I would get a early start. Seems like as the years go bye it becomes a bit more difficult.
My wood burning is supplemental. Several tree guys in the area know I am a buyer if they have a black locust. Have about a cord of it racked off the ground, under the eaves of the barn, and facing south.

Finished fibreglassing the roof on my camper. Paint it next nice day i guess. Will have to deal with the ceiling next.

ASM 1851 Navy arrived today. I`ll need ball or bullets for it - don`t have a mold. Son likes it better than the dragoon, but wife finds it muzzle heavy .
Finished repairing a sin on my .22 stock, ramrod drill came out the belly- happens every time, and am getting good at fixing that mistake.

This week I picked up a bunch of old gun parts and pieces from the workshop and started to build a little rifle with all that and today was the day of sanding the wood and starting to repair an old lock (flint) to go on it...

- Wood: old "Hawken" Jukar wood (now the name is Traditions).
- Barrel twist 1:66" of unknown origin but in good condition.
- A lot of old brass parts (more than needed).

Ecological work : make new by recycling old.... 😁😁

Took a 45 cal rifle built by an unknown builder with a Bill Large barrel with the 4 J's and shot it five times. Also took out the somewhat newly acquired 1860 new army in 44 cal and put fifteen shots through it. The rifle was a pleasure but the revolver is still tedious for me. Have trouble with the sight on the hammer of the revolver, small hard to keep the front sight in it. It does shoot high. Shot a couple of unmentionables also. The morning was a generally good time. Now I get to clean them, unfortunately not my favorite thing.

Repaired the original (buckhorn) rear sight for my Lyman/Investarms GPR because its windage was variable. Since elevation was OK, I carefully removed the elevation screw, counting the turns as I did so. I then lifted the sight body up, making sure I didn't lose the tiny spring on the sight body, which I later secured with a dab of nail polish. Next I cut 2 paper shims from some #320 sandpaper laying on my workbench (~ 1/16" x 3/8") and installed them on each side of the sight base. Lastly, I reassembled the sight in reverse order adding a dab of nail polish to the cleaned and degreased threads of the elevation screw and used taut fishing line to assure the sight was centered. It is and now has no side-to-side movement. Btw, the primitive sight that came with the rifle is OK, but I like the sight picture with the buckhorn sight better. Hopes this helps someone!

There is a lot of terrible decaf coffee out there. For making at home Gevalia Kaffe and Trader Joes are my favorites. Duncan is also not bad.

Sitting here this morning with my coffee. I still drink coffee everyday and have several cups all morning, just no caffeine.

In 2009 I went on a hunt in AK, did not tell the outfitter that I wanted or needed decaf. After 10 days of drinking regular coffee my ears were ringing like crazy.

For me at least it makes a huge difference.

Good luck

Fleener
Need Starbucks Sumatra decaf. Strong but not bitter.

Don

Spent 6 hrs yesterday in the garden for She Who Must Be Obeyed. Shoveling dirt, rototilling and fence.
Got way overheated, 90+ degrees all of a sudden and 90% humidity. Did me in.
Today, granddaughter Senior party at the park, love that girl. Going to Pharmacy school.

Home now chilling.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back