• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I took my lady friend to the ford place as the transmission in her car died. Then to the rental car p lace. Dropped her off then went to the grocery store. Got home and went to the garage and loaded up some ammo for a WWI Austrian carbine. Did some carving. This morning I got up and am drinking coffee looking at this board so far. Rest of the day is mine to do whatever.

Lockdown and wet weather so no shooting had three original restorations to do over the past week almost now finished. looked through the forums not much of interest same old boring stuff will give them a miss for a while.
Feltwad
Dang it Felt, we can only make this stuff up so fast, LOL! 'I was going to clean my room, 'til I got high!' We could make it less boring but we would be censored or sued, LOL! Besides, every day performing original restorations beats grubbing a living or dealing with in-laws! My oldest sisters boy, Bull, 1/2 year older than me is coming by today on his way back from Ok. at his NA wife's folks on their way back to Mississippi. That's a good thing though, he's intelligent, and a retired saddle maker, so he knows my drive to work on anachronistic crafts like ML guns, horns, bags etc. Also we get to hear how the tribe is doing in these troubled times. Hang in there Felt, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we all know the cure for boredom is ADVENTURE! We'll all be out again before you know it, freezing, burning up, eating dirt and ants and filth and making SMOKE!

What am I doing today? Im heading out shortly to go to the local gun store, then will have lunch when I get home, then will probably spend a couple hours hunting.

Dont know where you all live but we arent " locked down" here to the point where nothing is open and you cant go anywhere.

I gave my brother-in-law about 15-20 lbs. of wheel weight ingots. He can use then for casting fishing weights. I had intended to use store bought, swaged lead balls but there sure are alot of empty shelves out there. Reckon maybe I should have hung on to a few of them?

I’m fed up with lock-down. I have authority to buy two ‘new’ revolvers but can’t get to go and get them ndd,, what's worse the ranges are all closed.

I have powder, charges made up and, I’m getting in top of my domestic duties - sort of.........

I went out to the fettling shed while my wife was at the gym and

View attachment 56233

The mug of tea is a most essential piece of kit.

Another 200 .457 balls for my Rugers and another 100 .577 for my lovely Enfield.

What did anyone else do (shooting related - today)

I know those in the US have some day to go yet but here the sun will be gone in an hour.
I'm afraid the sun has set on the USA.

Well, not today but yesterday, and not being locked down or dependent on a range I went out and killed some pinecones!
View attachment 56279

No pictures of dead pine cones??? :) never happened without pitchers!

OTOH, your picture of the jack dealy reminded me that i need to make something similar. Got a design in my head that was on another site. It's 22* outside so probably 35* in the unheated garage. Gonna give it a go though. If some of you can sit in trees for hours or fettle in the shed i can at least try.

I spent today hunting a fox. Got it in the end but the snow soaked me.
IMG-20201229-WA0003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back