What did you do today

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

SOLANCO

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sitting the truck while she shops. And shops. And shops.
I bring my kindle. She says "I'm just going to run in this store for a few minutes".
I love her. But she is NOT going to run, and it won't be for a FEW minutes. Likely I will read several chapters before she is back.

Reactions: smo

Grenadier1758

Cannon
Reaction score
Well, @Eric Krewson, I guess I will have to make some carpenter bee traps. Thank you for coming up with anther task to put into my home maintenance jar. I was thinking of using my 74 year old Shopsmith to turn up some powder measures.

Crow-Feather

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Worked on an old powder horn I made back in 1979. ( my first) It is a dark horn, and I attempted cutting in some lettering.
noticed it hanging there in the shop, and decided to refresh the lettering I scratched in so long ago. Very crude, but my first attempt when I was a much younger man.
If you want to carry what was carried back then, pull out that horn, and wear it proudly. My horn is also crude. I can't and never will be able to do fine work, And I wouldn't want to carry it into the brush if I did. My horn identifies me as a hunter that uses his equipment, and is not jealous of those that make beautiful equipment. (Well, maybe a little bit)

RanchRoper

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I bring my kindle. She says "I'm just going to run in this store for a few minutes".
I love her. But she is NOT going to run, and it won't be for a FEW minutes. Likely I will read several chapters before she is back.
Good plan but it would be an actual book for me; the less gizmos I have the better. :)

SOLANCO

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Good plan but it would be an actual book for me; the less gizmos I have the better. :)
Mostly, I'd sooner the book. But I have had significant eye problems and the kindle lets me increase the font size.
Now a RH shooter firing southpaw out of necessity. Thankfully, it works ok with my RH flintlock.

oldwood

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Planning to escape to the m/l shop for a couple hours this evening to do the forearm decoration on a longrifle build. Have a termite tunnel to hide in the forearm. A triple set of matching forearm lines on both sides and some creative staining should complete the optical illusion needed to deal with the tunnel. The wood is a P++++ sample of curly maple ,which makes hiding a worm hole defect , easier to disguise. Ya Gotta love this stuff..........oldwood

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you mend well Eric.

Ulk77more

32 Cal
Reaction score
anyone can tote a banner of self righteousness,
but the forum was about what I did today.
the forum was a way for people to feel part of a group.
for example-- driving is not a good thing for period specific
neither is using a kindle instead of a book. these were things the people did today.
they felt like sharing, and I did the same.
thank you for your kind reception

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No problem! Welcome...

Nazgul58

40 Cal
Reaction score
IMG_2525 (1).jpg

Mother in law had a tree down. Not much in the shed.
IMG_2542 (1).jpg

Nice to have a Stihl 461.

Don

Reaction score
Good thread :thumb:

It was a real busy day here, I made up 15lbs of elk jerky for a friend that's done a couple of good favors for me recently.

Then I did some research on which pipe tobacco has good flavor, and good nicotine levels.

You never know when that knowledge might come in handy.

oldwood

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Inlet a straight taper .54 cal. x 39" smooth bore barrel into a very fancy walnut crotch grain stock. I have to add a walnut forearm to the last portion of the barrel due to a knot ahead of the entry pipe. The butt stock is a too amazing chunk of figured walnut to waste. .....oldwood

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you SMO I appreciate it,
I also just finished acquiring a micro milling machine for making some hard to find molds...
such as
That looks well thought out.. Let us know how they shoot !

I own a Hopkins Allen .36 Under Hammer.
It’s a great shooting little gun.... even with a patched round ball.

Justin.44

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Cast a bunch of balls with my son, boxed up 125 lbs. of lead to sell, and found a little box to consolidate my projectiles to make some room in my increasingly cramped range box.

As you can tell, I'm waiting to find a .495 mold. With the help of a member of my club, I found out at the range a few days ago that my new to me TC Renegade prefers .495 balls. A good day indeed.
20210328_221116.jpg
20210328_221212.jpg

Latest posts