• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No new you tube yet

Hey Tenn. The hunt was unsuccessful as I was after a buck, and and I ended up with 4 hours of footage of nothing except for 15 mins of the does, which was slightly out of focus (off my big camera) but I will put it in an upcoming video because I got busted by this tiny doe at the end who stared and stomped at me but didn’t run off. Brave little thing. We’ve taken 4 doe off the farm this year, two by Pop, one by my son in law, and one by me. It’s been a slow year.

Finishing up a silk purse job on a Traditions 32 cal. sow’s ear, fired coulpa cylinders of paper cartridges in an 1849 pocket rev. to see if they made noise and smoke. Doing stuff I wouldn’t have had time for ‘before’. It’s not really all that bad...
Finished sow’s ear. It was a Traditions ‘Deer Hunter’ in 32 ca. I leveled and polished off the gibberish on the barrel, re-shaped and re-finished the stock, cut off the aluminum trigger guard, drilled/tapped theftont stub sn attatched an old shotgun guard, made and attached a wooden barrel rib, and made two ramrod thimbles. It might be called a buggy rifle where you are from up here it is a sleigh rifle...
7254FC95-4F83-4C30-A9BE-6E64AA5BF392.jpeg

Sow’s ear, Traditions Deer Hunter, Got rid of gibberish on the barrel, reblued, polished paint-on case colors off lock plate and heat colored, reshaped , refinished stock, cut off aluminum guard, drilled/tapped front stub and attached old shotgun trigger guard, made a wooden under rib and attached, and made the thimbles. Might be a buggy rifle where you are, up here its’ a sleigh rifle. Beautifully accurate, thats why I bothered...

Finished sow’s ear. It was a Traditions ‘Deer Hunter’ in 32 ca. I leveled and polished off the gibberish on the barrel, re-shaped and re-finished the stock, cut off the aluminum trigger guard, drilled/tapped theftont stub sn attatched an old shotgun guard, made and attached a wooden barrel rib, and made two ramrod thimbles. It might be called a buggy rifle where you are from up here it is a sleigh rifle...
View attachment 571233

Sow’s ear, Traditions Deer Hunter, Got rid of gibberish on the barrel, reblued, polished paint-on case colors off lock plate and heat colored, reshaped , refinished stock, cut off aluminum guard, drilled/tapped front stub and attached old shotgun trigger guard, made a wooden under rib and attached, and made the thimbles. Might be a buggy rifle where you are, up here its’ a sleigh rifle. Beautifully accurate, thats why I bothered...

I hunted with one in .50 for over 20 years. They are excellent shooters, accurate and mine took quite a few deer.

I have had a 7/8" Colerain barrel I purchased several years ago and tried to sell for half price with no takers, so I decided to make a Leman muzzleloader with the barrel. I also had a few other parts for the Leman. Extremely cold weather here and covid lurching in the wind with not much to do so here goes.
leman raw.jpg

Was reading "Voices of 1776" by Wheeler yesterday, the section about the siege of Savannah in 1779. The French had arrived to help, moved guns and equipment overland to lay siege to the British. One of the reasons it failed was a mistake by an artillery supply officer. He mistakenly sent barrels of rum to the artillerymen instead of barrels of beer. Apparently before long the rounds were landing everywhere except on the British..........

Don

I sat down last night and watched "The First American" again.
If you have not seen it - then do!
The dedication of our founders is truly amazing. They gave up wealth, home and security for this country.

Old thread with some interesting responses.
"fettling shed" was a bit of a stopper for me. Not a phrase one hears much. I'm guessing you are an Aussie. BTW, some nice lead production there.
Me? Too cold for me these days. Staying in and not doing much.

Recently tested positive for CV-19. Currently sitting around doing nothing because I can't leave the house; under legal quarantine (house arrest). May cast some round balls. Can't even go to the P.O.!

ADK Bigfoot

I’m stuck in quarantine before heading to Kuwait so nothing with muzzleloaders! Except get on the forum and read n’ research!

I love Kuwait. I lit up the side of that glass skyscraper at the Kuwait City Airport with my M60 last time I was there. It was incidental, I might add. Good times.

Last edited:
I love Kuwait. I lit up the side that glass skyscraper at the Kuwait City Airport with my M60 last time I was there. Incidental, I will add. Good times.

I’ll send a burst from my M4 at it just for you, Bob! :p

As if! Using part of my deployment money to fund an Allen Martin rifle and a Fusil de Chasse build so I’ve got to be a good little boy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back