• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did I win?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noonanda

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all, I Won an auction for 2 .50 Cal Hawken style rifles. Trying to figure out what I got, and an estimated value of them. The reason why I ask is The description lists them as Cabelas, but then when I looking at Cabelas it looks like they are both "Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Percussion Rifle's" based on the pictures.
One looks like it may have been custom built as it doesnt have the patchbox and had a buttpad as well as black accents instead of brass.
Next issue is I go to the Pedersoli website, and it shows that rifle, but not with the same micrometer rear sight.

Any advice would be appreciate, Description from auction is below

Lot of Two Cabela's Black Powder Percussion Rifles.

1.) .50 caliber, 28-inch octagonal barrel with fixed front sight and micrometer adjust rear sight. Blued finish. Case-hardened hammer and lock. Checkered walnut stock and forearm. Sling swivels. Ventilated rubber recoil pad.
2.) .50 caliber, 28-inch octagonal barrel with fixed front sight and micrometer adjust rear sight. Blued finish. Case-hardened hammer and lock. Smooth walnut straight stock. Brass hinged patchbox, fore-end cap and buttplate.

Also see attached pictures if it helps

Attachments

• lf.jpg
    lf.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 183
  • lf2.jpg
    lf2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 168
Best guess is a cabelas hawken and a cabelas sporterized hawkin (black for hunting). Have the sporterized in .54 and .58, GREAT shooters. Chrome lined? if so they will clean with 4-5 patched including drying!

Yup, Cabelas Hawkens, one "traditional" and one "sporterized". Investarms made these for years for Cabelas but they switched to Pedersoli over the last couple of years. I've bought the Investarms versions for a couple hundred dollars recently.

I need to find some ramrods for them, anyone got a idea who might have em?

Thanks for the info, looks like I have a Model 120B and a 150

Two hawken style rifles made for Cabela's by investarm of Italy.

You should see an I stamped on the barrels and the proof marks.

Good guns and shoot well.

#1 is probably a 1-48" twist, #2 faster for bullets

Those are excellent shooters/hunters and both will serve you well. DO get a range rod with a bore protector and hickory rods make the best underbarrel ramrods.

Those are excellent shooters/hunters and both will serve you well. DO get a range rod with a bore protector and hickory rods make the best underbarrel ramrods.
The Rice rods are outstanding and include a muzzle protector.
Absolutely straight, with a fine finish.
Mine was 20 bucks.
Irish

OK, I have 2 Lyman Trade Rifles with the "I" on the barrel. Are these also by Investarms and (crazy question I know, but....) are Investarms barrels interchangable with Cabelas or Lyman Trade Rifles ? I'm so confused...........

The Lyman rifles are made by Investarms for Lyman.

I am not sure if the barrels will interchange. I would speculate that they are close and I think there are some threads in the Forum on this subject.

Noonanda, if you are trying to flip two muzzle loading rifles that you won on a auction, you haven't won much as the rifles are common and the going price depends on the demand in your region.

If you are going to shoot muzzle loading rifles for hunting and recreational target shooting, you have won two excellent rifles that will serve you well and be worth more than you paid for them.

Noonanda, if you are trying to flip two muzzle loading rifles that you won on a auction, you haven't won much as the rifles are common and the going price depends on the demand in your region.

If you are going to shoot muzzle loading rifles for hunting and recreational target shooting, you have won two excellent rifles that will serve you well and be worth more than you paid for them.
I am figuring I will keep one and sell one. Most likely will keep the one with the modern buttpad.

I already own and shoot repro Civil war guns (1851 Navy, 1853 Enfield, 1861 & 1863 Springfields, 1863 Sharps, and I just bought a Pedersoli 1859 Berdan Sharps for a screaming deal)

I think my youngest would also like it, and might want to deer hunt with it.

Back