• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what did i just buy?!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the reason I try to stay away from auctions. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it I am cheap so I am usually outbid. Seriously, looks like a really interesting weapon, hope you can shoot it.

thank you Garbear34, the Elephant in the room is a piece of what?????? i have many times bought a pig in a poke, and sometimes they have turned out to be silk purses.
usually i have an inkling as to the bloodline of said sows. this one is a new one that just screamed cool! .

I would have bought it without hesitation. The over and under carried by " Paints his shirt red" comes up in discussions all the time due to its uniqueness.
PAINTS HIS SHIRT RED.JPG

even though we can't figure out a maker or how that system worked given its age and unique style of lock, you made out like a bandit

now myself...I'd ruin the collector value and have it fixed up as new as to the day it was made as possible, not a patina appreciator, I like guns that look brand spanking new :D especially the old ones. I don't care to see what the rusted and ancient version is, looks ugly. I want to see what great-great-great grandpa bought.

even though we can't figure out a maker or how that system worked given its age and unique style of lock, you made out like a bandit

now myself...I'd ruin the collector value and have it fixed up as new as to the day it was made as possible, not a patina appreciator, I like guns that look brand spanking new :D especially the old ones. I don't care to see what the rusted and ancient version is, looks ugly. I want to see what great-great-great grandpa bought.

can we do a reproduction of that? you have all the specs and diamensions. would love to build that kit!!!
i was thinking exactly that golden sky!
CL. we think alike, but i really want to research the gun before i rebirth it! if it can be made to function as it stands it will not be touched.

i am about to wet myself in anticipation and i haven't even received a shipping notification as of yet!
i will and plan to take many pictures and make complete drawings of this setup. if it works as i think it does mechanically, it should be fairly easy to reproduce. single lock, set triggers, back action and a breech plate lockup. barrels soldered together with a single rib. the only thing i don't anticipate liking is the RR thimbles for the smoothbore rod. seems a little over kill but we all shall see!

Back