what did i just buy?!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
This is the reason I try to stay away from auctions. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it I am cheap so I am usually outbid. Seriously, looks like a really interesting weapon, hope you can shoot it.

Reaction score
Can't make out the name on the lock. Hope you post more. I have two combo guns, but both have two locks and one has the double ramrods as does the one pictured.

Reaction score
thank you Garbear34, the Elephant in the room is a piece of what?????? i have many times bought a pig in a poke, and sometimes they have turned out to be silk purses.
usually i have an inkling as to the bloodline of said sows. this one is a new one that just screamed cool! .

Reaction score
I would have bought it without hesitation. The over and under carried by " Paints his shirt red" comes up in discussions all the time due to its uniqueness.
PAINTS HIS SHIRT RED.JPG

Reaction score
even though we can't figure out a maker or how that system worked given its age and unique style of lock, you made out like a bandit

now myself...I'd ruin the collector value and have it fixed up as new as to the day it was made as possible, not a patina appreciator, I like guns that look brand spanking new :D especially the old ones. I don't care to see what the rusted and ancient version is, looks ugly. I want to see what great-great-great grandpa bought.

Reaction score
even though we can't figure out a maker or how that system worked given its age and unique style of lock, you made out like a bandit

now myself...I'd ruin the collector value and have it fixed up as new as to the day it was made as possible, not a patina appreciator, I like guns that look brand spanking new :D especially the old ones. I don't care to see what the rusted and ancient version is, looks ugly. I want to see what great-great-great grandpa bought.

can we do a reproduction of that? you have all the specs and diamensions. would love to build that kit!!!
i was thinking exactly that golden sky!
CL. we think alike, but i really want to research the gun before i rebirth it! if it can be made to function as it stands it will not be touched.

Reaction score
i am about to wet myself in anticipation and i haven't even received a shipping notification as of yet!
i will and plan to take many pictures and make complete drawings of this setup. if it works as i think it does mechanically, it should be fairly easy to reproduce. single lock, set triggers, back action and a breech plate lockup. barrels soldered together with a single rib. the only thing i don't anticipate liking is the RR thimbles for the smoothbore rod. seems a little over kill but we all shall see!