• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What are your excuses please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am screwed , My daughter is the only employee at our small post office. When I buy a money order for a large sum ,she says buying another gun? When it comes in she calls her mom and tells her dad's gun is coming today. Fortunately at my age I don't have the urge to buy that I had when I was younger.
I feel your pain. Maybe order it when she is on vacation. lol

Can you all give me excuses I can tell my wife why I need to buy a another muzzleloader. I have completely ran out of them. I am desperate. lol
How many golf clubs are needed to play a round of golf? You need a different club for every different distance, condition, wind, etc. How can you hunt moose, grouse, deer, join target clubs etc. with a pitiful 9 muzzleloaders ??

Wife Quote '' one more hat or gun you bring home, I'm leaving '' My son has the same love
of firearms , so I guess you can guess she's told they belong to my son, after all he is getting
them when I've moved on. What the SGTMAJ doesn't know , there's no harm. I guess............
gunny
Well, good to know. Now you know how to get rid of her if you should ever want to do that.

Well guys this is a hot topic indeed. A second post for me here. Mentioned to my better half of over 30 years about how nice Santa would be if I can get my 1841 Mississippi. Sort of feeling her out candidily. Well I got a quick no way "not until the house is paid off and we move to PA as planned" OUCH! Well the house we are two payments away and its ours 100% , OK I've been pushing for January on a double payment, so thats doable. The move....hmmm we live in NYS lower county. It's a beautiful State sadly run by loons and corruption, loaded with anti firearms commie liberal ball bags that tax the daylights out of you!! I do, as we planned, to leave next year early. Plan on sliding west to northern PA (Pike County) where cost of living is way less than half what we pay now, also gun laws are 100% better. Heck in NYS just to buy a BB gun is an issue, and no more work we will retire once there. SO! What to do.....I gotta find a way, there is no way I'm waiting till Spring 2023. Bribery didn't work this time...yet. I feel it will have to be a precise tactical move lololol. I can't buy it without her knowing, I did that 25 years ago, almost got caught (Ruger PC9 Carbine) hahahaha. Could maybe skim a slice of a few green backs when we sell the house, sort of like politicians do, label it as misc bills to pay. Have to play it right otherwise I may end up being the second person since 1955 in NYS on getting bayonetted, with my 1863 Springfield.
To be continued .....

Last edited:
Update....there is hope. Last night left for work and left this picture on the kitchen counter. Ya see with cold weather occassionally we get a mouse or two sneaking in. It got a good laugh this morning as I said "ya see another gun would help". She then seriously answered, "OK, how much would it cost?" YES!!!!! lolol I told her about the same as my other ones, which she remarked, I dont how much the others costed. "sparring time... getting on thin ice now" I said anywhere from 500 to maybe 1500 (thinking those numbers are doable to mention but may not be realistic for a very good one)I then segwayed conversation telling things to be done around the house were done "honey do list". So she said the magic words....We'll see about the rifle. YES I smell VICTORY

Attachments

• Patent Mousetrap 1882 w:gun.png
    Patent Mousetrap 1882 w:gun.png
    934.5 KB · Views: 0
My wife laughs, shakes her head and grabs it to see if it fits her!! She tries everyone I buy at least once.

My fear is the Kibler Woodsrunner I have coming will fit her well and she will keep it.....

There was an unmentionable 45 ACP I always wanted but they were out of my budget. Found one locally for sale for a couple months and offered the owner a lowball price. He accepted, however my fun budget was short at the time and I had to dip into "known" money to buy it. We went and bought it, wife looked at it, shot it and said "Thanks". All I got to do was clean and load for it!!! Finally found another she liked better and I reclaimed it after a year. Made her purse heavy anyhow.

Don

Wife Quote '' one more hat or gun you bring home, I'm leaving '' My son has the same love
of firearms , so I guess you can guess she's told they belong to my son, after all he is getting
them when I've moved on. What the SGTMAJ doesn't know , there's no harm. I guess............
gunny
Having been around a few SgtMaj, they all "know", they just choose not to trot some things out Gunny.

Having been around a few SgtMaj, they all "know", they just choose not to trot some things out Gunny.
That's why I call her the Sgt Maj , I have the highest respect for Sgt Maj's and see no change
for the current one. Wouldn't trade her for anything. She is very supportive of my love
of anything that goes bang , I just like to tease and call her the SGT MAJ.
gunny

Last edited:
That's why I call her the Sgt Maj , I have the highest respect for Sgt Maj's and see no change
for the current one. Wouldn't trade her for anything. She is very supportive of my love
of anything that goes bang , I just like to tease and call her the SGT MAJ.
gunny
I understood. I know it was a sign of respect.

Three groups of people I call Sir in the military...Officers senior to me (and they are damn few), CWO-5, and SgtsMaj.

Blessed in my career to have been taken under the wing of a CWO-5 and of a SgtMaj and a pair of Master Chiefs (one of which was my Uncle).

Now what has this following story have to do with Excuses and this thread? Well, it just illustrates that the most dangerous person in the world is someone who has nothing to lose and needs no excuse.

Short story: As a very junior Lt ( I was never a "young" Lt...joined much older than my peers), after weeks of every Friday of sitting next to a big, brawny and shiny bald headed CWO-5 (he always sat at the far right end of the bar) at the O'Club and neither saying a word other than a nod of acknowledgement, he growls at me and asks with disgust dripping from his tone , "Why the hell are you sitting next to me Lt?" I respond, "Well, Gunner, the bartender never ignores this end of the bar when you are here." He just nods. Few more weeks go by and he actually engages me in conversation and we slowly start to become friends. Sometime later, I am in there and his seat is empty...not normal at all...he finally shows up very late and he is in his coveralls (a huge no-no) as at the time the tight assed grunts (yes, I am an Aviator) had a rule imposed upon the clubs that you had to be there in the "uniform of the day", not working uniforms.

But there he sat in all his glory. Greasy working uniform, grease smeared on his face, hands and across his normally perfectly shined grape, and obviously in a very foul mood. Grunts were there and giving him the stink eye and I was waiting for a senior officer grunt (or a very, very stupid junior officer) to go up to the "Gunner" and say something about his uniform. I leaned over and quietly said, "Damn Gunner, these grunts are not liking that you're here in your coveralls." His retort was classic and I have adopted it myself and still use it to this day 40+ years later.

"What the f*** are they going to do to me? Shave my head and make me join the Marine Corps?"

@Gunny5821 @gunnyr @Montgomery

Last edited:
My wife laughs, shakes her head and grabs it to see if it fits her!! She tries everyone I buy at least once.

My fear is the Kibler Woodsrunner I have coming will fit her well and she will keep it.....

There was an unmentionable 45 ACP I always wanted but they were out of my budget. Found one locally for sale for a couple months and offered the owner a lowball price. He accepted, however my fun budget was short at the time and I had to dip into "known" money to buy it. We went and bought it, wife looked at it, shot it and said "Thanks". All I got to do was clean and load for it!!! Finally found another she liked better and I reclaimed it after a year. Made her purse heavy anyhow.

Don
That would be my fear also and my luck it would

Latest posts

Back