• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What are your excuses please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the therapy can work. It depends on you. Your arthritis demands you continue to work with your fingers and hands and push through the pain. Your back is bad and this helps your through routine exercises required in the loading and shooting process. The overall positive attitude helps you to be a better husband. I’m doing it for you honey.

No excuses. "but just the same, without a lot of money to waste, I come up with a plan to buy it, which usually involves overtime or selling off old/unwanted/unneeded arms, etc. to pay for it, and make sure there is something in there for her too.

I got caught last month with a new to me Navy .36 and a .22mg NNA revolver. Same week. I am brave (scared tho) as I swingng another deal this week! pray for me hehehe. She used to buy a new sewing machine in retaliation but that only lasted 4 machines.
I think the swap works. I bought her a new wedding ring if I could buy the same amount of guns and equipment. Ring cost 900.00, 4 guns later I still haven't spent the amount of her ring probably never will.🤣🤪

My favorite is this one. You buy the gun you've wanted, then take it to your buddy's house and leave it with him. He stops by your house later with the gun and explains in front of the domestic authorities that he's sorry it took so long to return this gun he borrowed from you months ago. Then you explain to the wife that it's not a real expensive gun and you forgot that you even loaned it to him ! It's a can't fail plan.

Get cancer, instant permission, my wife says if I can afford it, buy it.
DE79(1)(1)(1).jpg

I spend months complaining about one of the guns on my wall. I don't like the color, the tang inlet is not tight enough, the browning isn't perfect enough and it bothers me, screw slots wont line up in the same direction, etc. I'm going to have to refinish it.
On to..... I need to replace the stock. I need a new barrel for it cause the touchhole wont line up right. I should inlet a patch box in it.
By the time my rebuild is finished I move into the land of "I should build something from these leftover parts". And they just happen to assemble into the spitting image of the gun I reworked. What do you know!

Back