• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are you putting your money on. Draw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well no question for me, gimme a thick gal and big pistol. Il be totin my Dragoon or a Walker either or. If unmentionables are in the mix throw me in a conversion job in .45 Lc
20210911_171627.jpg

If you were in the Old West and had to choose one piece on your hip to keep you safe which revolver would you choose? Whether you be a Trapper in the deep country or Pistolero passing through town what side arm are you putting your money/life on?
1860 Army. But partnered with a long gun. Double shotgun for town. Sharps rifle for the bush.

I can easily understand, the 1860 is the most beautiful and racy Colt, the stock is excellent and it shoots well (my favorite Colt revolver)...
The Remington Belt Single Action Revolver is light and sturdy enough to carry all day, its .36 caliber is very effective and its mechanics could not be simpler...
I don't think men used to carry the big, heavy, impractical Remington and Colt .44/45 caliber for the day. Maybe it's just a figment of my mind: I wasn't in America then, and in fact, as far as I can remember............... not at all... but .36 caliber certainly must have been more common
Now and only for fun, I would be happy to carry my ROA on my hip: this weapon has become a classified weapon by law in France (in Absurdistan in fact) and I rarely get to use it even though it is my best pistol...

I can easily understand, the 1860 is the most beautiful and racy Colt, the stock is excellent and it shoots well (my favorite Colt revolver)...
The Remington Belt Single Action Revolver is light and sturdy enough to carry all day, its .36 caliber is very effective and its mechanics could not be simpler...
I don't think men used to carry the big, heavy, impractical Remington and Colt .44/45 caliber for the day. Maybe it's just a figment of my mind: I wasn't in America then, and in fact, as far as I can remember............... not at all... but .36 caliber certainly must have been more common
Now and only for fun, I would be happy to carry my ROA on my hip: this weapon has become a classified weapon by law in France (in Absurdistan in fact) and I rarely get to use it even though it is my best pistol...
The Navy model was slightly more popular than the Army model. 215,000 Navy units vs. 200,000 for the Army model. I’m sure it varies by locale, but my family are westerners and the revolvers we used going back three generations before me were either 44/45 or .22 caliber. One of my uncles carried a 38 Super.
ACE98254-1F67-45F8-A6A3-C050BDBEC425.jpeg
A1631602-A15F-4732-B3C1-F860AA401386.jpeg

This is the place I grew up on, many of my family never carried pistols daily. My grandfather did and when I was on the home place I did too. The road you see there leads to one of the line cabins. I spent many months up there and in the others too. A pistol is a welcome diversion.

This is the place I grew up on, many of my family never carried pistols daily.
This is a beautiful country and I envy you, not too many neighborhood problems, beautiful nature everywhere you can look, it's fantastic.
Where I live, everything is somebody's property anywhere you go. There are towns and villages everywhere, houses too, and everywhere you look, you see only cultivated fields and dried up marshes and almost all the trees have been cut down to spread the land and let the tractors and plows pass through.....
It is not beautiful, and it is sad...

Back