• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are you putting your money on. Draw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I've heard that it a hit from a hammer while it's burning provides sufficient shock.

As far as the fumes go, we got to rig some charges when I was a cadet, and the stuff has a very chemically smell to it. Anything that smells like that in its stable form would have to release some nasty fumes when it's burned.

I handled C4 for about a decade in the Army. Would I recommend playing f@ck around games with it? No. However, C4 isn’t going to detonate in the way you described. It’s stability is it’s best feature.

I handled C4 for about a decade in the Army. Would I recommend playing f@ck around games with it? No. However, C4 isn’t going to detonate in the way you described. It’s stability is it’s best feature.
I guess taking advice from a 12B about how to treat it when it's burning was a bad idea, then.

I guess taking advice from a 12B about how to treat it when it's burning was a bad idea, then.

I’m not interested in a d@ck measuring contest.

C4 is a well known explosive, with very well defined attributes. I’ve know 18 Charlie’s that didn’t know the science behind they explosives they were handling. I’ve seen numerous people that should have know better, crimp blasting caps in front of their faces and or put blasting caps in their mouths. A 12B not knowing the science behind an explosive is not a stretch.

When handling any explosives, black powder or C4, don’t **** around.

Last edited:
LeMat revolver - more shots plus a shotgun barrel. First shot would be the shotgun.
That would get you killed.... ;)

It's a massive small muscle set of movements to bring that piece back on target, get it cocked since you cannot switch back to revolver when the hammer is down and set for the shotgun, then switch it back to revolver... in a crowded bar facing more than one opponent the first guy would be shredded, and his buddy would likely double tap you with two .375 ball from a Sheriff's .36 while you switched over. IF for some reason the shotgun misfired, you can't just cock the revolver and try the next chamber..., you'd have even more holes in you as the first guy would also still be fighting while you were hitting the selector switch for revolver....

LD

I’ve seen numerous people that should have know better, crimp blasting caps in front of their faces and or put blasting caps in their mouths.
I saw a safety video about why that shouldn't be done. It was pretty nasty.
When handling any explosives, black powder or C4, don’t **** around.
That's why I wouldn't roughly handle a burning piece of it. I would, quite frankly, only do with it what the TM says.

Go ahead brother. I have chopped 2 so far. An 1851in .36 and an 1860 in .44. Do it quick and the pain goes away faster. What i made were brass 3" snubbies. Got a steel .36 to make a 3" 38 S&W conversion gun. Just have not gotten to it yet. One day.
SF
Here’s what it loo like now that my mercenary friend is finished with it! Had too much potential to chop it down to 3 or 4 inches so it’s now a 6” tube. If I was around this country in 1870, this is probably what I would favor… and not feel under armed at any time.
DA54794E-1B39-4126-971D-C0AA1977D1B1.jpeg
647D4F8B-00FE-41FE-84BE-7CC3049F7EFE.jpeg

Latest posts

Back