• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Are the Odds?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's not. Wax toilet rings haven't been made with beeswax in decades. And that sticky goo does not even resemble beeswax, beyond the fake yellow color.

Glue isn't a great idea in case you ever want to remove it. If you get the plug out, use melted beeswax to seal it and use pins or decorative tacks to keep it in place.

Glue isn't a great idea in case you ever want to remove it. If you get the plug out, use melted beeswax to seal it and use pins or decorative tacks to keep it in place.

...and don't go overboard on the pins/tacks. Four should do. Remember, you want the plug to be the weak point in case of an accidental kaboom! Another reason to avoid the glue. :thumb:

No, it's not. Wax toilet rings haven't been made with beeswax in decades. And that sticky goo does not even resemble beeswax, beyond the fake yellow color.

Thank you for that information. The last time I had to replace a toilet ring, it WAS pure beeswax.

Try local beekeepers. I take the cappings and fresh comb for candles but I switch out full frames every 3 or so years to reduce the possibility of contaminate buildup in the wax. For that reason I won't burn it in indoor candles either so I use it for wood screw lube, fire starter mixed with sawdust, and general manure work. You should be able to buy it from local beekeepers for fairly cheap.

Any saddle maker or leather supply shop has pure beeswax available. Tandy has it too, as does Woodcraft outlets. If you only want an ounce or so, check fabric stores, in the section where they sell needles and such.

Back