• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What are a guys options in .36?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to get a squirrel rifle.

A small caliber, small game, fun shooting rifle.

Does anyone make an adult sized plains rifle or similar in .36?

Might look at the Pedersoli web site to see if you find anything interesting.

Used, might look for a TC Seneca or Cherokee. May take awhile to find one.

I have a .36 Tennessee that is an absolute delight.

1637804944081.jpeg

I have a GM TC Drop in barrel in .36 for my Hawken. It's extremely accurate, but would only be available on the used market now. Also, a Kibler SMR in .36, that is exceptionally accurate and reliable. One of the best purchases this cheap guy ever splurged for. If you can swing it, you cant go wrong with Kibler's SMR.

I used to love the small bore rifles but have settled on a .45 for my small bore shooting. Except for saving a little on powder and lead, anything I can do with a .32 or .36 I can do just as well with real light loads in the .45 and can load up if needed for bigger game or defense. A little lighter than the majority of smaller calibers as well.

I have a GM TC Drop in barrel in .36 for my Hawken. It's extremely accurate, but would only be available on the used market now. Also, a Kibler SMR in .36, that is exceptionally accurate and reliable. One of the best purchases this cheap guy ever splurged for. If you can swing it, you cant go wrong with Kibler's SMR.

They sell finished rifles?

Kibler sells them "In the white"for an additional charge, or you can hire a builder to put a kit together for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. There would definantly be a couple guys who would do it for you right here on the forum.

I would ask on here or ALR for someone local to put your gun together or assist you. I’m putting a Kibler together for a friend now.
Putting one together is immensely rewarding. This will be my third Kibler.

So? Because a rifle looks good it can't be used?
Where and when did this nonsense start? I read stuff like this way too much.
Maple is Maple, walnut is walnut, ash is ash, doesn't matter is it has a some carving or none, it is still good hard stock wood. Builders use the same Locks on carved and engraved guns as they do on plain guns, same barrels, same furniture.
Maybe barrels might be a bit different, could have a nice looking well balanced, sweet handling rifle with a swamped barrel or a heavy, off balanced clunker straight barrel.

Back