• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ae you paying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just paid $14.90 per pound for a bulk order (25 lb) mail order delivered for Goex 2F and 3F black powder. Glad to have it. Local source of limited qunatities of Goex is at $20.95 per pound.
Order from PowderInc; service was excellent.

Mkes you feel sorry for the poor buggers doesn't it considering our $ is worth more , must be the 8 month trip by tall ship to get powder here .

$22.95 a lb and a 750 mile round trip to get it. Triple seven and pyrodex can be had locally for the same price but I don't like either one. :cursing:

The local gunshop is getting $35 a pound. I don't think he sells very much. I get it through my club at $15, buying 25lbs. at a time.

Skimmish from an oline source was about $13 a pound goex was 17 in a 10 pound mix shipment
Skirmmish says for blank charges but i have not noticed any differance inmy shooting swiss i was not happy withdrawing

Holy manure, if I had to pay $37 a pound like they do in Australia, I'd be looking into buying a couple of mills and some antimony balls, plus the raw materials for making the stuff..., but that's probably a "no no" downunder, eh?

LD

When I recently decided to return to muzzle loading I took stock of what I still had on hand.

I found five one pound cans of Gearhart-Owen, three of FFFg and two of FFFFg and roughly a pound of FFFg in an old "stand of arms" brass flask. I've had these since the 70s.

There were two of the cans with price labels still attached: $1.89 each.

I'd like to have a warehouse full. I could sell it half market value and still be rich.

Actualy no we have big smokless manufacturies down here they supply a huge amount to the world market, a lot of known brands relable our powders .BP all imported, it's importation is controled by the mines dpt.hence the high prices on bp.

Loyalist Dave said:
Holy manure, if I had to pay $37 a pound like they do in Australia, I'd be looking into buying a couple of mills and some antimony balls, plus the raw materials for making the stuff..., but that's probably a "no no" downunder, eh?

LD

I pay 33 to 43 bucks per 100 for some match bullets I use in one of my moderns. Then primers at +- .05 each, powder at 25-30 a pound.

Dan

1601phill said:
Mkes you feel sorry for the poor buggers doesn't it considering our $ is worth more , must be the 8 month trip by tall ship to get powder here .
Yeah, that and taxes.
"The Man" got to get his share of everything.

Loyalist Dave said:

LD
Oh yeah---manufacturing explosives at home :shocked2: :shocked2: Definitely a no no.

It's $65 per pound across the ditch in NZ for goex and if you can find it $60 per kg for thundershot. Chinese. The main importer here has run out of that though. The price of goex does drop to $45 per pound if you nood, wink and twitch the right way at the right person . There is also acouple of blokes making it here as well. Quite good stuff and very similar to swiss. swiss is also avaliable for about $105 per kg. Caps run out about $100 / 1000.

Back