• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What a great day at the Kempton Gun Makers Fair!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you buy? What kind of longrifles are for sale? Cases of Goex for cheap??? #11s?????
Come on. Show us photos!
No powder or caps. There were some longrifles for sale, but some sitting with no 'tag' and the guy would say, that's his son's deer rifle. The big attraction to the Fair, is, to attend Seminars. Horn making, tuning locks, carving, that sort of thing but you need to be registered and available to sit in the tents at specific times. The items for sale are sort of a side issue; the real "heart" of the Fair are the quality seminars. Just my opinion only; I'm not a builder. It is a great event for those that make their own items.

It's named GUN BUILDERS FAIR for a reason , it was setup to help persons wanting to learn new skills and show newly finished guns to be judged for their skill and historical correctness .
The gun sales are the side show

I would just like to publicly whine about missing the new Kempton Gun Maker's Fair this year. Our family was gathered in northcentral PA and we opted to participate in the ETAR (Eastern Traditional Archery Rendezvous), instead, because it was literally twenty miles away. It is really nice to read the comments here that so many people found the Kempton event a solid experience. Next year! And fortunately the 18th Century Artisan's Faire in Lewisburg is a nice way point in the long wait.

I would just like to publicly whine about missing the new Kempton Gun Maker's Fair this year. Our family was gathered in northcentral PA and we opted to participate in the ETAR (Eastern Traditional Archery Rendezvous), instead, because it was literally twenty miles away. It is really nice to read the comments here that so many people found the Kempton event a solid experience. Next year! And fortunately the 18th Century Artisan's Faire in Lewisburg is a nice way point in the long wait.
The Lewisburg show is no more. The venue was sold. The replacement event will be held in Altoona, PA.

dave

Welp. Guess more whinin'. Lewisburg is an hour north or an hour south of me, depending on where I am. Altoona is on the far side of the moon. Especially in February weather. Thank you Dave for informing me

Back