• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What’s Going on in Classifieds?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else notice what’s going on in the Classfieds section? Seems everyone has to put in their $0.02 for every ad. People with no intention of buying the item, who sometimes speak bad about the item in question in petty ways or mock the price etc. Sometimes the ad turns into a bunch of guys just shooting the bull and things can get political or totally off topic. I hate opening the forum in the morning, seeing several posts on an ad I posted, only to find these types of things.

I dislike posting ads here because it seems the Moderators let that section of the site totally run amok with no oversight. Am I alone on this?

Last edited:
No, you're not alone. I'm also tired of the amount of BS that goes on there. It'd be nice if all the trolls would just keep their yaps shut and let the ad run it's course. So what if you think the item is over priced or not as pretty as the person thinks it is. Don't like the ad then click away from it.

Anyone else notice what’s going on in the Classfieds section? Seems everyone has to put in their $0.02 for every ad. People with no intention of buying the item, who sometimes speak bad about the item in question in petty ways or mock the price etc. Sometimes the ad turns into a bunch of guys just shooting the bull and things can get political or totally off topic. I hate opening the forum in the morning, seeing several posts on an ad I posted, only to find these types of things.

I dislike posting ads here because it seems the Moderators let that section of the site totally run amok with no oversight. Am I alone on this?
What you describe is a violation of forum rules and guidelines. I would make use of the "report" button on the bottom left corner.

I don't think it's a matter of Moderators letting things run amok, just that they aren't checking every post and reply, and I don't expect them to. They rely on us some to flag anything needing their review.

I will admit to adding (what I hope are considered) positive comments or potentially supporting information on some classifieds. Some items I have purchased. Some I have not. My apologies for cluttering the ads. I will stop commenting unless I intend to buy the item, and then I will probably PM the OP instead. I also agree that there seem to be a lot of “trolls” or “negative Nellys” on this Forum. Some people just seem to want to stir the pot, or just be negative. I don’t understand it.

another viable option that I employ is to ignore all the nonsense here and put it on ebay or Gunbroker and get a 35% increase in return with Z E R O stupid comments from the trolls that have over run this place, and are seldom moderated?

I just went through a couple of for sale ads and hit the report button on all the conversational conversation BS. Be interesting to see if anything is actually moderated out. I might get moderated out instead lol. if so it's been fun.

Last edited:

You're absolutely correct. Moderation on this site has been severely lacking since Zonie passed, and not just the classifieds.

I miss you, Jim.

There is an "Ignore" button on everyone's avatar. I've never done it. Will that stop them posting on your ad?
That would be a great addition to our website and forum if you "ignore" them they couldn't post on your classified either.

If I have a positive comment to make about a classified offering I'll post it. If I have a negative comment I either remain quiet or send a pm to the seller. I once offered a knife and was widely castigated for selling it. That was very disappointing. If something is offered for sale and you like it, buy it. Don't like it, don't buy it. But stay polite.

Latest posts

Back