• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Western PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Owl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Planning a Fall Road trip. I want to see Fort Ligonier but I think there are some other good places to see in the area. I thought there was a village of craftsmen that made powder horns, etc. Maybe a few merchants specializing in muzzle loading. In any event I live in Florida and want to see all the muzzle loading, historic (French/Indian to War of 1812 sites, etc. Thanks for any suggestions. I will see the Maritime museum in Erie.

If you stop in Pittsburgh for another reason you could visit fort Pitt at the point, (where the Allegheny, Ohio and Monongahela rivers meet). It’s small but if you’re downtown anyway, why not stop in.
Also if you are traveling 79 North fort Steuben in Steubenville, OH is about a 30 minute west detour.

Ticonderoga and upstate NY are great, but maybe a bit far from Erie. Maritime museum is nice, ft lebouf is close and ft Niagara (and Niagara falls) is a couple hours. If driving, a stop at ft necessity should be on your list of F&I sites as well.

Latest posts

Back