• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Western Arms 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrd

32 Cal
Reaction score
A LGS has a Western Arms 1860 Army on consignment for $350. It's in pretty decent condition and looks to have been handled more than shot. I assume it's Uberti made? Can you give me any info on it? If I could get it for $300 would that be a decent price?

A LGS has a Western Arms 1860 Army on consignment for $350. It's in pretty decent condition and looks to have been handled more than shot. I assume it's Uberti made? Can you give me any info on it? If I could get it for $300 would that be a decent price?
300 would be fair for an Uberti like that.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I've been on the lookout for an 1860 Army anyway. The same shop had an ORIGINAL 1849 Colt pocket model...for $1800.00. A bit out of my price range, but it was neat to play with.

I thought about parts availability as well. I can get a new Pietta for $300. Such decisions!

Yea, I'm kinda leaning that way as well. So far this year I've gotten new 1851 Navy and Remington 1858, both NIB Pietta for under $300. I'm pleased with both. Buying used is always a gamble.

I was tempted on a used older BP NMA pistol, but got to thinking, break a part and......

I have been shooting my wifes ASP NMA, I had to fix the bolt on it. Modified a bolt from a Pietta parts kit. Latter I found what looked like the right bolt (fair difference in the bolt end of a Pietta or Uberti) and it would not work. Go figure.

If I am going to spend the coin, unless it had some collector value I would buy a new one (and did, I have a Pietta NMA Target I am messing with on fixing the rammer shape, front sight raising to get on target at 25 yards). Worst case I can guy a part.

I was tempted on a used older BP NMA pistol, but got to thinking, break a part and......

I have been shooting my wifes ASP NMA, I had to fix the bolt on it. Modified a bolt from a Pietta parts kit. Latter I found what looked like the right bolt (fair difference in the bolt end of a Pietta or Uberti) and it would not work. Go figure.

If I am going to spend the coin, unless it had some collector value I would buy a new one (and did, I have a Pietta NMA Target I am messing with on fixing the rammer shape, front sight raising to get on target at 25 yards). Worst case I can guy a part.
I always bore my rams ends out to a hemisphere with a ball mill cutter. They work well bullet or ball.

Latest posts

Back