• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

West Texas Canuck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainman56

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings;

I found this forum a few days ago and it didn’t take me long to decide I wanted to be a part of it. I’ve found more information in the last two days than I have in the last 30 plus years of BP shooting.

I started muzzleloading 32 years ago when I saw and had to have a T/C hawken kit in .45 cal. I didn’t know a thing about BP shooting and in 1975 in the middle of nowhere Canada where I used to live, neither did anyone else. I managed to fumble my way through and learned mostly by trial and error what worked and what didn’t.

I presently own a T/C Hawken in .50cal and my favorite, a Lyman GPR that I rebarreled this year with a Hunter 1:32 twist that shoots way better than I can. I plan on building another this winter and will be looking for help here frequently.

I now live in West Texas, I am an American citizen now and proud to be one although perhaps not quite as proud as I am of my son, who a few weeks after his 18th birthday last summer and on the very day he received his proof of Citizenship, joined our United States Air Force.

Have fun and be safe.

Brian

Welcome Brian. Went from where you are to where you were about 30 years ago. :grin:

Same story too about how we started BP. Wish we hadda had this site back then.

:hatsoff:

Welcome Brian from a Virginia Canuck*. This is a great forum and I log on almost every day to see what the muzzleloading news is. Make sure the log you pull up to the fire is comfy cause you just may be here for a long while. GC

*We snuck into the US of A in the 1880's or so via Maine and Vermont.

Welcome aboard to a new fellow Texican Brian! And may i say we are all proud of your son and his work on all our behalves! Well done to both of you sirs! :hatsoff:

Davy

Great to have you Brian. Best wishes to your son and pray for his safety in service to our country.

Brian,
Welcome to the MLF and the USA.Great having you with us.Please thank your son for his
service.
Hope you visit often and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Back