• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Went to the river with the bobcat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
took the bobcat to the river with the wife and kids today. had a ball. hit 2 8 rings and 2 9 rings at 50 yards, open sights, standing. let the wife and kids fire it off a couple times...we all had fun. all 4 kids and the wife fired it off. 12 yrs, 11 yrs, 6 yrs and 3 yrs. of course I held it for the 2 younger ones. I was using 70 grns goex 2f, prb. let the kids fire with 40-50 grns....30 for the youngest....
all in all, a good day at the river.

This day will stay with you for a long time!! I still think about my three sons and me going out plink with a .38 revolver and m-1 .30 cal. carbine. This is a good time and place to start responible youg people.

Not only you, but your kids will remember this day too. Won't be long until they'll want their own rifle to shoot with daddy. Cherish this day :thumbsup: .

Hello from Germany!

You did a good job for our hobby, when shooting ML with your kids.

Oh my god, that would be impossible here in Germany, shooting around in the open nature, outside a range with a firearm and with kids showing them how to handle the gun. You would find yourself in prison and in the local newspaper.The crazy thing here is, that a hunter is allowed to shoot for sighting in in the open nature and noone would cry.

Poor Germany!

Regards

Kirrmeister

two years ago,for Father's Day, my then 46 year old daughter asked if we could go to the range and shoot together. She said one of her fondest memories are of when she was 12 an my gun club ran a junior program. She still has her NRA Sharpshooter medal, and is a gun rights advocate, all though a Liberal on all other matters...it was a good day for both of us. Hank

congrats for getting the young'uns interested in BP and shooting. I have a Bobcat, it's good shooter but not much for the PC crowd! :thumbsup:

Back