• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Went to the fun show today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I went to the Ft. Worth gun show today which was the first time in at least 10 years?? Any way I brought a little Beretta to sell and other than all of the ammo price gouging going on and MSRP pricing on guns or higher. I found this...

newNavy.jpg

Fellow told me it was given to him from a recently deceased family member. It's a Pietta 1858 New Navy in .36 cal with the 7.5" bbl. It appears unfired and has absolutely no wear on it minus the ring on the cylinder from the bolt. I paid him $200 in cash for it and the date on it implies it was made in 1994. It was a good gun show afterall.

Gun shows are a good place to meet sellers with unrealistic expectations. But I have fun. A great thing to do is keep a slip of paper with random numbers on it. If you see a dealer who is a jerk, focus your attention on one random firearm, slowly read the serial number, and check your slip of paper. Scowl and quickly walk away. answer no questions. Drives them NUTS!

Gun shows are a good place to meet sellers with unrealistic expectations. But I have fun. A great thing to do is keep a slip of paper with random numbers on it. If you see a dealer who is a jerk, focus your attention on one random firearm, slowly read the serial number, and check your slip of paper. Scowl and quickly walk away. answer no questions. Drives them NUTS!

Readers might have varying opinions as to who the jerk would be in this situation.

You did good TexasAndy -- I would have bought it also at that price and the condition look great. :thumb:

I've owned/shot both a Pietta/Remington 1863 .31 Pocket Revolver and a Pietta/Colt 1860 Army, and IMO are the equal of any other replica's, both in accuracy & fit/finish.

IMHO, you made a nice score....

IME, the best buys at a gun show are the offerings of the other GS attendee's, who troll the crowd with their whatever for sale.

I've owned/shot both a Pietta/Remington 1863 .31 Pocket Revolver and a Pietta/Colt 1860 Army, and IMO are the equal of any other replica's, both in accuracy & fit/finish.

IMHO, you made a nice score....

IME, the best buys at a gun show are the offerings of the other GS attendee's, who troll the crowd with their whatever for sale.
I could not agree more.

My other gun show fun is to walk around with my mint condition colt unmentionable, and hear the VERY lowball offers these dealers make for it. And the reasons for the lowball offer....

Latest posts

Back