• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well versed in firearms, new to ball & cap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willtill

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,

While shopping for "things" at the[url] possibleshop.com[/url], I came across the link to this forum and decided to register. I am glad that I did! There's definitely a wealth of information here concerning black powder; more specifically ball&cap.

I'm retired Army (21 years) and have trained and used a multitude of weapons and weapon systems. My lifelong hobby has been procuring and restoring WWI/WW2+ C&R rifles; I actively shoot centerfire and shotguns. I own an Omega .50cal which I use for deer, and I have just recently purchased a 1860 Army revolver from Cabelas. Many of the questions that I had about it were actually asked and answered already in the pistol forum of this board.

I hope to contribute as well, and thank you for reading my little intro here.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Will ... glad ya made it! :grin: Although I don know if them newfangled "cap & ball" pistolas are ever gonna catch on! :hmm: :blah:

Davy

Welcome. What branch of the Army? I did 10 years before resigning my commission. Signal Corps. Been shooting BP rifle for about 6 months. Just got a single shot Lyman Pistol. Enjoy your shooting.

Hi mwindy,

I was a supply sergeant, retired as E-7, servered with Infantry, Artillery and Armored units for most of my time in. M2 was my favorite crew served weapon, although I had frequent opportunities pulling "tail" on the 155mm's.

Love the big guns!

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

Welcome aboard Will. Plenty of good info. here on muzzleloading pistols and long guns, and ball & cap revolvers just ask. Don't be afraid to add your 2-cents worth as well.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

willtill,
First let me thank you for the service
you gave our country. Welcome to the MLF, glad
to have you with us. Great bunch of folks here
to help with any of your B/P questions. Hope you
will visit often and contribute when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Ditto thanks for the service! I am honored to be on this board with someone like yourself.

This is a great resource for you and others.

Happy Shooting!

Back