Well, so much for all period Gunsmiths being upstanding citizens.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey I just watched some reenactors fishing the Potomac with period correct tackle. Even if you can't shoot or run you can still probably fish.
Are you in town ??
Were they fly fishing?
I hope they are careful. Folks think the Potomac because it's surrounded for a large portion by neighborhoods, for some reason that makes that river safe. It's one of the top ten for drowning fatalities. It's a very deceptive river.

LD

Brokennock

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Are you in town ??
Were they fly fishing?
I hope they are careful. Folks think the Potomac because it's surrounded for a large portion by neighborhoods, for some reason that makes that river safe. It's one of the top ten for drowning fatalities. It's a very deceptive river.

LD
We just lost a 15 year old and a 17 year old to the Farmington River the other day. All this rain has made a lot of rivers very risky.

4575wcf

40 Cal
Reaction score
Sorry, I am clear on the other side of the US I was watching online. Interesting stuff though. I got to wondering how people fished in the pre monofilament days, and the you tube videos I watched were very informative. Geo Washington's fishing kit survives!

Artificer

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, folks, here's what looks TOO close to me for comfort, in the center and in proper uniform. Notice the Grenadier from my old Regiment on the right and wondering how I made it this long?

1626980100300.png

Gus

sheriff john

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Referencing "Missouri Gunsmiths to 1900" book, we find two of the gunsmiths listed were inmates in the state penitentiary at the time.

Unlike Illinois in recent times where former governors do time.