• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well I may have scored

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great score! I've been looking for #11s locally since last fall, no luck. I'm giving my nephew a TC Hawken. Got him all lined up except for the caps, I have exactly 1 cap. I guess I better start hitting the pawn shops!

That's a great score! I've been looking for #11s locally since last fall, no luck. I'm giving my nephew a TC Hawken. Got him all lined up except for the caps, I have exactly 1 cap. I guess I better start hitting the pawn shops!
You could always go to Gunbroker. Im not sure the price. I hope this helps

You skinned a pawnbroker for a change, well done Sir.
Rather doubt that. He wouldn’t be in business long. He probably got the caps in a box of cast offs for pennies.
But yes sir you did well indeed.
I got a box of 1000 last summer from an old guy for $30. He probably bought them for $10. You did better than that.

Congrats. Great trade. Funny, I have about 400 of the old German #12's. Don't recall how I obtained them, and have no idea what to do with them. LOL

Rick

Not quite 2 years ago caps doubled, from 6.99 /100 to 12.99 /100
And that’s here in Lost Angeles where gas is 6.50 a gallon and a cup of coffee 5 bucks
….at least there’s no 25$ hazmat fee on the coffee…Yet!!!

While I own three percussion rifles that I treasure I only ever fire two of them and that just on special occasions. I haven't hunted with percussion in a looong time. Hunting was for my flintlocks only. Quite a few years ago I bought 1,000 #11 caps though I still had close to 200 from way back. I also came into another 300 or so musket caps to add to my two tins, also from way back. No more than I shoot percussion I won't need to buy and pay these outrageous prices now extant. The small horde in my closet will keep me shooting until sanity (maybe) returns.

Latest posts

Back