• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Well...I did it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a neighbor named Murphy. His life's dream was to become a Legislator., and he became one. He had only 1 bill he sponsored, (and subsequently became law) named after himself. He says it is not likely to ever be repealed, adjusted, or modified.

Ordered a Kibler SMR in .45 cal, fancy Maple. I've never built a rifle before, or finished a piece of wood besides a ramrod with Watco.

What could go wrong? 😁
you got this, take your time and think it thru...:thumb::thumb:

What could go wrong?
Pretty much just asking for it, aren’t you? Might be time to lock up all your power tools, hammers, wrenches, any serrated tools or vice jaws, etc..... May want to just cut cord off any Dremal tool. They tend to be escape artists when locked up. Time sharpen wood chisels and make sure there is a good set of gunsmith screwdrivers on standby.

Pretty much just asking for it, aren’t you? Might be time to lock up all your power tools, hammers, wrenches, any serrated tools or vice jaws, etc..... May want to just cut cord off any Dremal tool. They tend to be escape artists when locked up. Time sharpen wood chisels and make sure there is a good set of gunsmith screwdrivers on standby.
There's another saying that applies to me...Often wrong, never in doubt.

Don't own a Dremel...I have an air die grinder with carbide bits. Much less controllable, and can ruin a work piece in the blink of an eye. I'm not cutting my air hose. I do have a Roto-Zip that could be used to adjust the inletting. 😁 The only chisels I own are one a framer would use, and a real wide one I used to use for cutting electrical boxes into logs when I was an apprentice electrician in a previous life. I need to get some, have a couple of Narex brand in my cart, and a hunk of maple to practice what Jim shows in his videos. I also need some new files. Mine are old, and should have been replaced years ago.

My vise jaws are covered with leather, and I will be using vise grips for pulling pins. I have Brownell's Magna-tip 44 bit set, along with the thin bit set.

I'm almost all set.

Take your time and pay attention to what you doing. You won't have any trouble. You will be shopping for blanks before you know it.

Mostly be patient, I know I am, ordered mine in the beginning of February and Jim said not till end of April, He is rifling 40 cal. barrels first then 36 and finally 32. I'm going out of my mind. can't wait. So don't be like me Be patient. HA! HA!

Latest posts

Back