• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Well, hello there! Beginner, checking in from Iowa.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! New guy here. I've been an avid shooter of modern firearms for 5ish or so years now, and a renaissance faire participant for many many years in the past. I started out doing the classical medieval fairs, knights and such, but went on to begin doing pirate festivals as well. So i have always had a great interest in history, and now im taking the jump into merging my interests in firearms and history.

I have purchased my very first black powder firearm! It is currently in the mail along with (hopefully) all the supplies i need, for now. It should arrive next week!

See yall around!
Welcome from Maryland, what's your first black powder gun going to be?

Welcome from Maryland, what's your first black powder gun going to be?

I am getting the Traditions Hawken Woodsman, in 50 cal percussion. Should be here on tueaday! (Fingers crossed to the gods of shipping.) I'm already contemplating getting the traditions trapper pistol kit and building that as a companion for the rifle

Get comfortable with the rifle first. It'll make the pistol purchase easier when it's time. I shoot an original 1861 Bridesberg 58 cal and a Pedersoli flinchlock.
75120.jpeg
23617-c38db23905b88d3fb78946c5ef0c1285.jpg

I also have an "unmentionable" modern muzzleloader.

Hello! New guy here. I've been an avid shooter of modern firearms for 5ish or so years now, and a renaissance faire participant for many many years in the past. I started out doing the classical medieval fairs, knights and such, but went on to begin doing pirate festivals as well. So i have always had a great interest in history, and now im taking the jump into merging my interests in firearms and history.

I have purchased my very first black powder firearm! It is currently in the mail along with (hopefully) all the supplies i need, for now. It should arrive next week!

See yall around!
Welcome from Apanoose County
GUNNYR

Back