• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WELL, DID YOU GET ONE TODAY??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was out today, the first day of black powder in NJ. It was cold and windy and a few flurries but no deer. Saw a large body but it was on the move and couldn't see any horns. I'm in middle South Jersey and we got hit hard with Blue Tongue. Deer are few and far between. Did anybody score or is it the same as where you are?

Didn’t make it out for muzzleloader. Came down with a cold from the grandkids. Been out this week for six-day. Few deer running round. Do you hunt more than just muzzleloader? Middle south jersey? Burlington County?.

Testing for more than 420 characters

A Santa Cruz homeless encampment is partially flooded after a major storm hit northern California on 13 December. Photograph: Nic Coury/AP

Gabrielle Canon
@GabrielleCanon
Thu 16 Dec 2021 06.00 EST

Devastating images and video captured by photojournalists in California have documented the toll an intense rainstorm one of the most powerful to hit the state this year – took on a homeless community in the city of Santa Cruz this week. The damage caused by the downpour highlighted the risks that unhoused people face during increasingly extreme weather events.
As dark clouds gathered over the weekend, photojournalist Alekz Londos said he raced out with a megaphone to warn hundreds of people living on the embankment of a river he feared was at risk of flooding. “I was worried they were going to get hypothermia,” he says. He spent the weekend doling out black trash bags meant to serve as makeshift raincoats.

Tony Goodwin, a 61-year-old unhoused veteran, suffered an apparent heart attack in September.
1,500 unhoused LA residents died on the streets during pandemic, report reveals
Read more

The area was eventually pummeled with rain and Londos returned on Tuesday to document the aftermath.
Photos and drone video posted to Facebook live capture the devastation: dilapidated tents billowed in the breeze, sopping mattresses, overturned chairs, and other debris strewn through the thick mud. In the video, people can be seen – some soaked up to their knees – trying to salvage what was left of their things, and a woman can be heard calling out “help us”.
“It looked like a nightmare,” Londos says. “I saw people frantically trying to get their stuff together. They looked exhausted. It was cold.”
The scene is a stunning example of the dangers unhoused communities are grappling with as the climate crisis sets the stage for conditions that will hit the most vulnerable hardest.
“In natural disasters, like storms and flooding, the most vulnerable communities, like the homeless, are often forgotten about when talking about who the storms affect,” said Nic Coury, a photographer who captured the disaster for the Associated Press.

A Santa Cruz homeless encampment is partially flooded after a major storm hit northern California on 13 December. Photograph: Nic Coury/AP

Gabrielle Canon
@GabrielleCanon

Devastating images and video captured by photojournalists in California have documented the toll an intense rainstorm one of the most powerful to hit the state this year – took on a homeless community in the city of Santa Cruz this week. The damage caused by the downpour highlighted the risks that unhoused people face during increasingly extreme weather events.
As dark clouds gathered over the weekend, photojournalist Alekz Londos said he raced out with a megaphone to warn hundreds of people living on the embankment of a river he feared was at risk of flooding. “I was worried they were going to get hypothermia,” he says. He spent the weekend doling out black trash bags meant to serve as makeshift raincoats.

Tony Goodwin, a 61-year-old unhoused veteran, suffered an apparent heart attack in September.
Read more

The area was eventually pummeled with rain and Londos returned on Tuesday to document the aftermath.
Photos and drone video posted to Facebook live capture the devastation: dilapidated tents billowed in the breeze, sopping mattresses, overturned chairs, and other debris strewn through the thick mud. In the video, people can be seen – some soaked up to their knees – trying to salvage what was left of their things, and a woman can be heard calling out “help us”.
“It looked like a nightmare,” Londos says. “I saw people frantically trying to get their stuff together. They looked exhausted. It was cold.”
The scene is a stunning example of the dangers unhoused communities are grappling with as the climate crisis sets the stage for conditions that will hit the most vulnerable hardest.
“In natural disasters, like storms and flooding, the most vulnerable communities, like the homeless, are often forgotten about when talking about who the storms affect,” said Nic Coury, a photographer who captured the disaster for the Associated Press.

Gabrielle Canon
@GabrielleCanon

Read more

HI Angie
Thanks for checking things out. Yes, 2 separate times I wrote a fairly long paragraph and twice it said that there was a 425 word limit, so I had to delete most of the post. Now other than my first post of "Well, did you get one" etc. I simply replied to a comment from another person, and I got the 425 word limit message again. If you typed out all the information above and posted it in the NE Region and didn't get that 425 word message, then I guess we are good to go. Thanks again.

Today was also our opener, did not get out helped the wife wrap christmas gifts as she is not feeling well with a bit of a cold, good news is our season is two weeks long so have plenty of time too spend in the woods with the long rifle, good hunting too all.

Today was also our opener, did not get out helped the wife wrap christmas gifts as she is not feeling well with a bit of a cold, good news is our season is two weeks long so have plenty of time too spend in the woods with the long rifle, good hunting too all.
That was nice of you to help your wife; hope she gets better soon. We have 2 ML days before the 6 day regular season. Then we have 12 days for ML till the end of December. Archery is also open during this time. Winter bow goes from Jan 1 to Jan. 31, 2002; all we need is the deer.🙏

I have the deer all I need is the time too go chase them, soon very soon, seems like I heard that somewhere. Good luck.

We are at the other end of the season here. Unloaded the Kibler Colonial I built Saturday. Season ended Sunday but had lots of rain. Shot about 10 loads. It was loaded for 4 weeks, hunted almost everyday, sometimes in rain. Kept in the house at night, didn't plug the touch hole, just a dry patch closed in the frizzen. Fired without problem on first shot.
Passed on 4 deer over the season, 3 does and a small buck. We have plenty of venison so didn't need anymore.
Neighbor had 3 large bucks on camera, 10 pt and 2 8 pts. They avoided me the whole season. Really wanted to blood the Kibler.

Don

Ours, in Maryland, opened Saturday. I was lucky and scored a doe in the afternoon with my flintlock. Seeing some pretty good Bucks on camera but all after dark.

420 are profile posts, and not
HI Angie
Thanks for checking things out. Yes, 2 separate times I wrote a fairly long paragraph and twice it said that there was a 425 word limit, so I had to delete most of the post. Now other than my first post of "Well, did you get one" etc. I simply replied to a comment from another person, and I got the 425 word limit message again. If you typed out all the information above and posted it in the NE Region and didn't get that 425 word message, then I guess we are good to go. Thanks again.
420 is the number of characters in a profile post and not a message on the forum. 10,000 is the character limit on a message/post in the forum.

Back