• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well Bugger Me...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! Fine Monday to you. About a week ago I decided to hit the old Buy Now on a flat horn on eBay. It was titled "Pirate Horn" but I reckoned it was worth a shot. Having never owned a flat horn, I reckoned that it was 30 dollars well wasted if it was trash, and well worth it if it wasn't. Well, it ent trash! I love this dandy little beggar and it will fill the role I wanted it for: about five ounces of 3f for my .40 cal or 2f for my .50 for a hunt. It's tiny and fantastic and now I need a matching flat prime horn.

After I bought it I was reading the recent thread on flat horns and I was certain I would be happy with my order. Worked out well.

Attachments

• 20210524_195222.jpg
    20210524_195222.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 81
Those small, flat horns are good for a day's hunt and fit in the pocket very nicely. I use a small flat horn when I participate with my King's Musket in woods walk competition. We are not allowed to prime from a cartridge and the little horn is just what is needed.

Back