• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Weekend acquisitions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up two new to us flinters this past weekend. Found hubby a .50 DGW Tennessee Mountain Gun (I converted him to the dark side, we have cookies!). And for me a full stock (now you can stop teasing me about a half stock) .36 mystery gun. It apparently was a custom build that someone started then sold to the guy I got it from, who finished it. I have not pulled the barrel to see what the markings are on the bottom, as there are none on the top.

Sorry about doing the pictures as links. My computer and phone wont talk to each other and cooperate about downloading them so I can put the on photo bucket.

flinters
closer!
Closest!!

Thank you! We are looking forward to shooting them. Had to order a few accessories, like the right size round ball, to do so.

Sweet! I suspect the .36 may become a favorite, I'm currently collecting parts for a .36 flint long rifle build. The .50 Dixie gun has a good reputation, but is a little muzzle heavy. I believe you made an excellent choice for your spouses first flintlock, but watch for the collection to grow, Ha! Here's to good times and good shooting, George.

treestalker said:
Sweet! I suspect the .36 may become a favorite, I'm currently collecting parts for a .36 flint long rifle build. The .50 Dixie gun has a good reputation, but is a little muzzle heavy. I believe you made an excellent choice for your spouses first flintlock, but watch for the collection to grow, Ha! Here's to good times and good shooting, George.

I suspect your right about it being a favorite.

Hubby's a big guy so there isn't much worry with the weight. His percussion rifle has a longer and heavier barrel and its no issue for him.

Good luck with your build! Looking forward to seeing that!

Alrighty, I got my phone and computer to talk to each other.

IMG_2386_zps4azkp2po.jpg

IMG_2387_zpsbzt2n90w.jpg

IMG_2388_zps9ubwsthr.jpg

And for Ames...
IMG_2389%202_zps5wvrjs80.jpg

IMG_2390_zps3tmenia8.jpg

IMG_2391_zpsnqg2ul21.jpg

Back