• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

We’ll I did it !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot my ramrod out of my SMR. Fortunately I read here that most do it so I already had a spare but damn, that’s embarrassing. I even did it in front of an old timer that’s been shooting MLS for 50 years.
Not to brag, cuz I have made trillions of dumb shi_ :doh: moves in my life, but not that one. Glad you shared with us and no injuries.
Larry

Mine was a hickory one that I made. It hit the cinder block holding up the target at 50 yards and totally shattered it. It's probably been 10 years, so I am due.

Yah right. Soon as a feller opens his big mouth, he's gonna stick his foot in it. Thanks for the reminder! I will however be more vigilant to loading procedure.
Larry
hard to sometimes ignore those that want to converse or that shapely blonde that strolls by. i would bet money that dry balling and playing archery with the RR is 90% caused by distractions.

Live in the country. Percussion rifle. Ran a ramrod with jag and patch down the barrel, capped it and stepped out back to blow any oil out the nipple. Held muzzle up to the night sky -KABOOM! Forgot I had already cleaned and loaded a week before in anticipation of a hunt. Never found the rod.

Latest posts

Back