Way Back Machine - what became of Swampy?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by SDSmlf, May 17, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. May 17, 2019 #1

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

It’s been a while, maybe 2013 since seeing any reports on him. Sad his posts and ID didn’t transfer to the new forum. Wherever he is, I miss him, his posts and his craftsmanship.

2. May 17, 2019 #2

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Do you know what his real name was? I may be able to find his account and see if I can find his threads if I have some information.

3. May 18, 2019 #3

Robert an saa fan

Robert an saa fan

Robert an saa fan

45 Cal.

Member here, RC, knows Swampy. RC traveled to Swampy's home years ago and delivered some donations to him. Suggest sending RC a message.

Moderators Stumpkiller and Zonie may know.

I remember Swampy posting about deer hunting on Prudence Island and there was a newspaper story about it. Tried to find the story, searched, no luck.

Also seem to remember when I joined Swampy was posting by user name Swamp Rat.

My " remembering " is not as good as it used to be.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. May 18, 2019 #4

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

Check out mender ‘rabjr’. A possible. Fifth most active member yet see no posts upload_2019-5-17_22-33-5.jpeg

upload_2019-5-17_22-37-50.jpeg

5. May 18, 2019 #5

Grumpa

Grumpa

Grumpa

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

In the Thread "We Lost a Member - Paul Vallandigham", which was posted October 4, 2012, Marc Adamcheck commented that "Swampy" nailed it." But none of the previous posters had the name "Swampy". He may have posted under a different name. Obviously, Marc knew who he was.

Seems to me this question came up some time ago, but I don't remember off the top of my head if the answer involved a name change in the new registrations when the Forum changed hands, or something more dire. Let's hope the former.

Richard/Grumpa

6. May 18, 2019 #6

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

You hit the nail on the head with that one. :)

Doing some digging into posts made by rabjr I found one that was started by Swampy about a deer hunt. Although the post is showing rabjr as the author, the first post after the first one is congratulating Swampy on his success.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/field-report-58-cal-soft-lead-round-ball.81484/

The idea that the forum would list him under the name he uses for his actual membership and not his "handle" name is to be expected.
    The forum did the same thing to me when it switched to the new software and every one of my posts was showing up with my real name as the author.

I figured no one here knows me by my real name so I had Angie change it back to Zonie.

Anyway, ragjr hasn't been on the forum since Feb 25, 2013 which would be about the same time Swampy quit posting.

I hope Swampy is doing well and I have my fingers crossed for him. He's one of the forum's Good Guys.

7. May 18, 2019 #7

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

Believe Marc A was referring to post #19 by ‘rabjr’ (same member I suspect to be Swampy), to also not always agreeing with Paul V. I am reposting my previous screen shoot with mark ups appearing to show ‘rabjr’ responding to a question posed to Swampy. Someone will know for sure.

upload_2019-5-18_12-58-39.jpeg

Attached Files:

8. May 18, 2019 #8

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

SDSmlf

40 Cal.

I was typing while you posted this. Mystery solved.