• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Washington's Crossing Nov. 5 2022

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a nice event. Lambs artillery will be there firing off their 3 pounder and my brother and I will be discussing and demonstrating muskets and rifles. If the weather is good, the event usually has a good turn out.

dave

WOW, I would just love to come and meet you, but can't stand the cold that much anymore.

Dave, are you going to the replacement event for Dixon's Gun Fair next year?

Gus

Hi Gus,
Yes. I intend to be a fixture there. The event at the Kempton Community Recreation Grounds was very good this year and well attended. It is not as quaint as Dixon's farm but it is spacious and capable of handling more vendors and activities. I'll probably do a seminar and a couple of demos at the fair.

dave

Hi Gus,
Yes. I intend to be a fixture there. The event at the Kempton Community Recreation Grounds was very good this year and well attended. It is not as quaint as Dixon's farm but it is spacious and capable of handling more vendors and activities. I'll probably do a seminar and a couple of demos at the fair.

dave
Thank you Dave,
I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person.

Gus

Hi,
The event was very good and the weather phenomenal. I really enjoyed meeting FlinterNick. That was a real pleasure and it is wonderful to meet another with the same passion for historical accuracy, particularly with rifles and muskets from the colonial and Rev War period. Speaking with you Nick, was a lot of fun.

dave

Hi,
The event was very good and the weather phenomenal. I really enjoyed meeting FlinterNick. That was a real pleasure and it is wonderful to meet another with the same passion for historical accuracy, particularly with rifles and muskets from the colonial and Rev War period. Speaking with you Nick, was a lot of fun.

dave

Thanks Dave it was a pleasure meeting you at the even. You did a wonderful job presenting to the public. It was also great to get your first hand advice in person ! I learned a lot from our discussion and from viewing your collection ! I have to say I think my favorite is your English Sporting Rifle ! Incredible work of art, that blued barrel looks superb ! Charcoal blued ?

Your Brown Bess stocks are excellent, and even better in to handle ! It was a real inspiration to get started on my own stocks, I’m going to dive into it ! Even if i fail, I’ll learn.

This weekend I’m going to case harden the 1816 frizzen with the steps you provided and get it sparking !

I wish I had taken some pictures of the barrel, it was a real specimen of what neglect on a barrel looks like, bore totally oxidied from lack of cleaning, there was penny sized portions of rust chips coming out just from jagging it, i don’t think its salvageable , hopefully i’m wrong.

The event was also great ! I do the crossing annually with the 3rd NJ from the PA side, and i don’t get over to the NJ side very often, very nice battlefield and set up for the event there.

Nick Genda

Last edited:
Damn I missed it! I’m right there too, Hamilton Twp right next to Trenton

Anthony

Back