• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Washington flintlock pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been wanting a set of these pistols for quite some time and was lucky enough to have some extra cash when this set came up on gunbroker.
There were 975 sets of these produced starting back in 1976 under the auspicies of the U.S. Bi-Centential Society that morphed into the U.S. Historical Society after 1976. Those two Societies basically existed to have historical artifacts, mostly firearms, exactly duplicated to a very high standard and marketed ,as a potential investment, to the wealthy who had more money than sense. This set was initially offered in 1976 for $2500 and raised to $3000 after the initial subsrciption. In todays dollars that is around $15,000. Of course all of the issues turned out to be terrible investments. However since all of the various issues, all made by Uberti, were made to such a high standard at the prices they bring today they are a real bargain.
The originals that this set replicates were made by the London firm of Richards and Hawkins in about 1746 and gifted to George Washington in 1778 by a neighbor. They now reside in the West Point museum.
This set, like the originals, are .58cal bronze barrelled smooth bore, sterling silver mounted, in French walnut stocks. The locks have half cock safties and water proof pans and throw a scary amount of sparks. The original markings and engraving are also present.
I had to order some supplies from Track and as soon as they come in I'm off to the range. Can't wait to see if these shoot as good as they look.
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG

Beautiful pair of pistols and fantastic price for the quality! I happened on a Hamilton/Burr dueling set but couldn't afford to keep them and had to sell them.
d5200.jpg

SAAMAN. I've owned a set of the duelers and they were exceptional also. I also owned a set of the Lincoln derringers and they are an exceptional value generally bringing between 800 and 1000 for the cased set with accessories or about the cost of two of the Pedersoli versions without accessories and not to the same quality.

Back