• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Washington Bighorn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ewe, that is....:)
I haven't visited this site in quite a while, so I thought I'd post up a picture of the bighorn ewe I got in November, 2019 in the Clemans Mountain unit. I managed to get to within about 45 yards of a small group and took this one with my .45 Seneca and home cast maxi-hunter in front of 75gr of Goex 2f. Another fun solo hunt!
2019 Ewe.jpg

I have always wanted to hunt those, In 2019 we went through the bad lands seen a bunch of them, but the prize for me would be a mountain goat, something about the white spikes. good job.

How many years did it take to get a tag? How many points did you have?
I actually started putting in for sheep and mountain goats in 1972 and drew a goat tag the first year. It took me until 2014 to draw my ram tag and though I hunted for several days with my .62 T/C Hawken, I ended up taking one with a .270. I continued to put in for ewes and drew in 2019....It can definitely take a while. I still wish I hadn't caved and used the .270 on the ram. I was kind of pressured by a buddy who just "had to be there" when I took it.
This was in 2014 a few days into my ram hunt.
DSCN2373.JPG

Back