• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Warning from a National Gun Manufacturer!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received this message from Henry Arms this morning. I'm aware that they do not sell muzzleloaders, but their message is for anyone who buys online.

We have said it before, and we will say it again a bit louder for the folks in the back. For the safety and protection of your personal and financial information, please be aware of fraudulent online firearms dealers. This problem grows more rampant by the day, so think twice before clicking that checkout button.

If you find yourself checking out on a website that only accepts cryptocurrency or Zelle as the payment method, do not continue with the purchase. You will be charged and you will not receive your firearm.

It is unfortunate that bad actors take advantage of the extraordinarily high demand in the marketplace. We are pursuing legal action against any website that uses our branding as a scam dealer, and we have already been successful in bringing down several.
Be safe out there!

Attachments

• Henry.jpg
    Henry.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 23
If the local gun shop, big gun shop, or National outlets like Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse don't have or can't get them, why would anyone believe that an on-line store can somehow manage to have every model and caliber in stock, ready to ship?

It's kind of like that guy who calls you with the funny accent claiming to be from the IRS. You owe back taxes and must pay immediately with gift cards or face arrest.

I received this message from Henry Arms this morning. I'm aware that they do not sell muzzleloaders, but their message is for anyone who buys online.

We have said it before, and we will say it again a bit louder for the folks in the back. For the safety and protection of your personal and financial information, please be aware of fraudulent online firearms dealers. This problem grows more rampant by the day, so think twice before clicking that checkout button.

If you find yourself checking out on a website that only accepts cryptocurrency or Zelle as the payment method, do not continue with the purchase. You will be charged and you will not receive your firearm.

It is unfortunate that bad actors take advantage of the extraordinarily high demand in the marketplace. We are pursuing legal action against any website that uses our branding as a scam dealer, and we have already been successful in bringing down several.
Be safe out there!
Henry has a good reputation. The owner was the guy involved years ago in replicating the 3rd Generation Colt replicas. Mr. Imperiato, I think. His motto is"'made in America or not made at all" says it all. I don't have one of his guns, but know people who do.

I got a letter from Ruger a few days ago and their site had been hacked and my info stolen, good reason not to register you firearms with the manufacturer.

Watch your credit card statements. ANY charge made to that account which was unauthorized is a big red flag. Hackers have search engines that scan thousands of card numbers in minutes, looking for active ones. They will then try a very small charge (typically only a few dollars). If it goes through, in nanoseconds they can hit you for thousands ..lots are for $ 499 (just under the most common limit) multiple times.

Prized targets are active, but seldom-used cards. The ones we take out while shopping to get a one-time great discount but now sit in desk drawers or perhaps a billfold "just in case" are perfect. Although cancelling cards might affect your credit rating for a short time, trying to straighten out fraudulent charges is a real hassle.

Sorta the same thing for fake sites that want you to register as a new customer - enter drawings, etc. On the "black web", your info has cash value. Lists of "marks" are sold and shared worldwide. Victimization is in billions, not millions of dollars each year.

If the local gun shop, big gun shop, or National outlets like Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse don't have or can't get them, why would anyone believe that an on-line store can somehow manage to have every model and caliber in stock, ready to ship?

It's kind of like that guy who calls you with the funny accent claiming to be from the IRS. You owe back taxes and must pay immediately with gift cards or face arrest.
Just tell them to send the "arresters", and you'll be waiting for them to show up.

Back